High Pressure Power Steering Hose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently had a fluid leak which turned out to be my power steering. Had my KJ checked out and its my high pressure power steering hose that has a leak.

They want over $400 to fix it! I declined and put in a $3 bottle of power steering fluid, haha. I dont feel comfortable tinkering around with my Jeep so a friend of mine said he would do it if I got the piece. According to Midas, the hose is $282! At that price I'd rather wind the busted one in duct tape !

does anyone have experience with this problem? Is there any way to get that hose cheaper? I checked ebay and didnt see one for a Liberty, I havent looked elsewhere.

Most expensive offroading adventure ever. :(

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last I seen they were about $110 from Carquest,but that was 1-2 years ago so I imagine the price has gone up.A OEM line would be very close to $200 for the line itself,then you got to add the shops markup.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine for $75ish and installed it myself...without taking the whole front end apart. Just need enough ratchet extensions and elbows. I waited until I needed an oil change because it's easier with the oil filter out of the way. Took me about an hour with the oil change and all. (thanks to a couple posts in another thread by TJKJ)