High mileage club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know i have read a few guys saying lucas oil stabilizer is no good but i put not even quarter of a quart(cause that all that was missing) in with the 10w40 and i havnt burnt much of any oil since idk if i would go 20%lucas 80% oil but i will surely be watching this close

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know i have read a few guys saying lucas oil stabilizer is no good but i put not even quarter of a quart(cause that all that was missing) in with the 10w40 and i havnt burnt much of any oil since idk if i would go 20%lucas 80% oil but i will surely be watching this close

keep us posted. I'll be trying lucas next.

73surf

Reaction score
The wife's 02 has 187,780, , had to replace the radiator once, replaced the alternator @ 100k (more preventive maintenance ) , ,repacked the idler bearings, , doesn't burn oil that I'm aware of, , my son drives it now to and from NY, change the oil every 3k miles and top it off with Zmax. I have been doing that since about 90k, , ,it has been serving us well, , very pleased with the vehicle

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep us posted. I'll be trying lucas next.

It hasnt stopped it completly but it has slowed it down like i said im not using the suggested 20% lucas 80% oil i was about 500miles into a fresh oil change and just topped it back up with lucas it end up being about a quarter of a quart jug im about 1000miles till my next oil change and i put another quarter of a quart by now without lucas i would be through a full quart of oil and be short a quart at 3000miles

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I understand. it's just a band aid. it just changes the viscosity of the oil.

yea i run 10w40 for the summer a couple morning it got pretty cool over night she can be a hard starter in the midwest its hard to say when summer is here so i will keep trying see how it does

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You being in arizona could run 10w40 almost year round if your not already

Last edited:

nlocascio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
200,500 miles. Previous owner put in engine with 80,000 miles in when jeep had 115,000 on it. Supect poor maintance, oil pump went out and engine seized up. I have put in radiator (twice, stupid plastic end caps), water pump, hoses, tune up items, thermostat, front struts, upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar bushings, front wheel bearing hubs, rear shocks, iac valve, tps sensor, oil pressure sensor, fuel filter, blower motor and resistor with wiring harness ends on both, and oxygen sensors. Put on dual stainless exhaust and cold air intake. Ac blows frigid even in Arizona heat. Original transmission. I use 10w 40 here as well. Summer temps here can reach 120. I burn a little oil. Use the engine flush in a bottle every other oil change and use a full synthetic oil. With higher weight oil i burn allot less

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just purchased

Just bought my first Jeep a few weeks ago. I've been wanting one for years:icon_smile: It just turned over to 147,000 and runs pretty good. I got the dealer to replace the blend door motor, before I would buy it. I wanted A/C!
Looks like the compressor was recently replaced. I got 5 new tires, as I wanted the spare to match. And just replaced the spark plugs. Because it has a slight miss at idle. No it didn't help. I didn't think it would, but I thought I try anyway.
Seems to drink oil, a quart every few weeks. Haven't figured out if it's leaking anywhere yet. Only 12 MPG:thumbsdown: But this could be because of the exhaust leaks. The muffler looks like it's ready to crumble... It's a work in progress. But overall I am pretty happy with it. It is replacing my 01' Chevy Astro van that almost killed me! Two brake lines burst, when some fool pulled right in front of me. I don't know how I avoided that major accident... I just had heart surgery, and my brakes completely fail while going 45 MPH! Gave my new heart valve a good test. I'm still alive, so I guess it passed the test. I had enough of the van. Especially in winter, it would get stuck in an inch of snow! Looking forward to the winter snow now! I'm sure the jeep wont get stuck, and I can leave the shovel at home...

Lester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003 Limited Edition, 113,000 miles. Had the A/C system replaced today. I've only owned for a few weeks, but it had complete service records with it when I got it and was maintained according to manufacturer specs.

cwbyflyer

Reaction score
I've had my 2004 Liberty Sport for a couple of weeks now. I'm using as my daily commuter and I love the way it rides. I just turned over 153,000 on the way today and I'm getting a solid 21.5 MPG.

I still haven't had a chance to take any pic's. Maybe this weekend.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was last week almost to 156 now but 155k thats a milestone in my book next one will be 160k found a little leak in my radiator dang plastic corners patched it it with some liquid epoxy stopped the leak but i will replace my radiator soon enough hope its not too hard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was last week almost to 156 notbut 155k thats a milestone in my book next one will be 160k found a little leak in my radiator dang plastic corners patched it it with some liquid epoxy stipped the leak but i will replace my radiator soon enough hope its not too hard

It's not terrible at all.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldnt be the liberty has proven pretty easy to work on how do you like your grabbers i have had them a year still look great
Love them. Only issue I have with them is their inability to clear easily. Not too bad though I just know better than to dive into mud or deep snow now.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love them. Only issue I have with them is their inability to clear easily. Not too bad though I just know better than to dive into mud or deep snow now.

I have posted this link on the forum before but they do clog up in the mud i did a little brake stand to get them spinning

https://youtu.be/E8eywgTs93o

I never had a problem in deep snow as long as you get her going alot of it comes out as needed the mud just stays in there and flings out little by little

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost to 120k miles, finally got most of the engine bugs worked out. No more ticking for the moment when it starts.