HID ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone who have tries this:

A expensive gimmick or something that works ?

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that isnt a gimmick, although that is pretty expensive for an HID kit. Those are real deal hid's that come with the bulb and ballast and the wiring. I had a kit that i paid far less for when i had my acura integra. They work pretty good actually. Basically the only hard thing is the wiring, and that isnt even that difficult since kits like those use your stock wiring with no modifications. I will have a connector that will plug into where your original headlight bulb plugged in.

If you have any more questions let me know. Like i said i had a similar kit when i had my integra, if you want pictures of what a kit like this looks like let me know i can probably dig some up.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, the blue lights look very ugly, they might look good since you have a blue jeep, but I would prefer whitest against these.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea the color does make a difference, but you can get hid kits that are closer to white, the higher the Kelvin number the more blue they will be, if you go to high of kelvin the color will become more purple.

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especko said:
yea the color does make a difference, but you can get hid kits that are closer to white, the higher the Kelvin number the more blue they will be, if you go to high of kelvin the color will become more purple.

Hmm, I think I will go for Silverstar Ultras at the moment, if I only could find out which one to use for headlights and foglights :)

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
an hid plug and play kit can be found for less then 200 and they will be brighter then any regular type of bulb that you install.

Fjellfinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especko said:
an hid plug and play kit can be found for less then 200 and they will be brighter then any regular type of bulb that you install.

Like this one?

Which Kelvin should I go for?

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are some pics if found from when i had my acura integra, damn makes me miss that car. The kit that i had was 8000k.

First pic at daylight

You must be registered for see images

And at night

You must be registered for see images

Like i said it depends on what sort of color you are looking for, 8000k like the kit i had was pretty blue in color. anything higher will be more purple. Anything lower will be more white. Its all on what you would want.

The kit that i bought was off ebay i think i dont remember it was a while ago, but i know that i paid around 200 for it.

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey going back to the link in the first post. if you guys actually read the auction you would have realized that kit is a Hi/Low beam kit. they used to be around 600-800 bucks not too long ago. the price of 400 bucks is acceptable for a dual beam kit. If you get normal HIDs for our Liberties you will lose your high beams because HID bulbs are not a dual filament like the stock halogens. The dual beam HID kits have a separate beam to be used as the high beams and some just have a flap that rotates up to allow more light to shine higher on the road.

Latest posts

Members online