HID for less than $70- 100+ ? Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have HIDS in my jeep
You must be registered for see images attach

however i went through weeks and weeks of work and about $500 in parts to do it. HIDS in normal headlights though are gross, no matter what people say, the glare is horrible. best bet is to get some really nice halogen bulbs, i used to get the sylvania xtravisions, technically brighter than the silverstar and silverstar ultras, just not as white all for just $20. the phillips xtremepower are supposed to be really nice bulbs too for 9007 size.

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have HIDS in my jeep

however i went through weeks and weeks of work and about $500 in parts to do it. HIDS in normal headlights though are gross, no matter what people say, the glare is horrible. best bet is to get some really nice halogen bulbs, i used to get the sylvania xtravisions, technically brighter than the silverstar and silverstar ultras, just not as white all for just $20. the phillips xtremepower are supposed to be really nice bulbs too for 9007 size.

Ohhh man I love those headlights!!! How did you get them to look like that? I have been looking everywhere for sth like this but could not find them so I just put the hid kit in the stock headlights. I have 6000 k which is the best k that gives you perfect white! They are blinding bright but fortunately I have eyelids that cuts it a lil, so i haven't had any problem with the cops or sb. Anyway you gotta tell me what is it that you have there!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Marlon
THINK is the operative word here
Most think what they have is the brightest white but it isn't if they would just read up on lights they would know their lights are crap and doing nothing but blinding others on the road

staindvans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4300k-5000k is the only color range worth using after 5000k it starts to turn blue. 4300k are what bulb every car manufacturer uses in HID equipped vehicles, because its where the HID bulbs are brightest. I made the headlights myself they are HID projectors from a Nissan Murano mounted in the OEM Jeep headlights. I can still aim them like before and are actually aimed slightly lower than they need to be. HID kits are such garbage most of the time if youd take exposure controlled pictures of the same headlight with good halogen bulbs and a hid kit in them you'd realize most of that extra lights get reflected where you don't need it. i have a thread where i sort of showed how i made those headlights i'll find it later. its breakfast time.

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48327

Last edited: