Hexomat vs weathertec floor mats

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by mindbomb, Dec 22, 2016.

1. mindbomb

mindbomb Full Access Member

Comparing the two custom floor mat products for the 02-04 KJ:
    Hexomat vs Weathertec -

Anyone can shed some light on which one works/looks better?
    The Hexomats have a slight advantage on price.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. dude1116

dude1116 Full Access Member

There's no comparison here really. Do you want a general slush mat or a laser fit style? If you want one over the other, go for it. I have the Weathertechs and they're great! Part of me wishes I had the Huskyliner version of them, though since there's no hole for the little "tab" that holds down the carpet/mat. Just a tiny bit of dirt gets through that hole but still much MUCH better than no mats at all.

3. Dave

Dave Administrator Administrator Moderator

Hexomat won't hold any mud or anything as there are no sides and is like putting a rag on the floor compared to Weathertec. Weathertec are pretty good.

That said I am running Huskyliners which are also great and don't have that little hole in them like the Weathertec does. The sides are higher and they will hold a lot of snow, mud, and keep it off your carpets until you can empty it out.

Both Weathertec and Huskyliners are good and can be hosed off and cleaned out. I like the Huskyliners better because I think they hold more mudd and stuff until you can take them out and hose them off. Just my opinion.

Dave

4. Leeann

Leeann Full Access Member

I've got the Husky liners and they're absolutely awesome.

5. HoosierJeeper

HoosierJeeper Gold Supporter/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Love my Husky liners. Have the full set. My carpet looks new, despite many off road trips and during the winter, daily ski use.

6. jeeplib05

jeeplib05 Full Access Member

You guys are all wrong..
    Gotta stick with the stock carpet ones, they're better than all of these options :happy175:
    Sadly, I do not have even a cheap brand of rubber mats in mine but I'm sure any of them would be great

7. wheeee32

wheeee32 Full Access Member

The huskies are good as well as the weathertechs. I have the weathertechs bc they were a Christmas present.:gr_grin:

8. EagleOne

EagleOne Full Access Member

I had a set of weathertechs on my KJ and loved them so much I bought for my wife's car and my daughter's car too! MY KJ got totalled and I still have the mats (used less than a year). Got a KK and in process of getting the mats for them too. Let me know if you are interested in the gray set for front, back and cargo area and I will make you a great deal on them.