Help with Odd Noise (Skeeee)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overlord475

Reaction score
On occasion my KJ will 'pop-on' with a high pitched "Skeeee" noise that sounds like one of the accessories coming on.

It is intermittent but frequent. When it does 'pop-on' it will not stop until the truck comes to a stop or close to it.

It slows with the speed of the car.

It doesn't seem to affect drivability at all, and I was going to ignore it until I drove past another KJ the other day and heard it making the exact same "Skeee" noise.

Thought maybe it was a known and documented issue?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Rear Ujoints
front CV on the rear part of the driveshaft
brakes
start there

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the A/C clutch kicking on and off?

Bob

I have to agree with this. I heard mine the other day. I forgot what it was until I turned the AC off and it was gone. The only other noise that I had similar to this came out of the radio when I had one of those iPod-radio adapter thingys.

Overlord475

Reaction score
I have to agree with this. I heard mine the other day. I forgot what it was until I turned the AC off and it was gone. The only other noise that I had similar to this came out of the radio when I had one of those iPod-radio adapter thingys.

No, the noise is intermittent even with the A/C off.

It does sound like a one of the rotating accessories popping on though, but it is very loud and high-pitched.

Weirdest freakin thing

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the noise is intermittent even with the A/C off.

It does sound like a one of the rotating accessories popping on though, but it is very loud and high-pitched.

Weirdest freakin thing

My A/C still cycles on and off when the switch is off and the vent position switch is set to the windsheild. I would try driving around with the vent selector in the off position and see if you still get the noise.