Help! Winch bumper, Detours not making Backbone...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dang! Been wanting another for the '06 I have now.

I talked to him the other day
the price of steel is the limiting factor, he stated, as I know.
I priced enough steel to make 10 bumpers, :happy175:
Well no didn't leave laughing, I was like :favorites68::favorites68::favorites68::Bye:

pnwjk

Reaction score
Fab a KJ Winch bracket.

Every Liberty has a reinforced spot to mount a tow bar...it was a factory option...with holes already punched in the frame...in front of the front suspension. Its an easy fab and mount....Measure the existing tow bar mount holes, layout and drill matching holes in 2 pieces of steel angle....L2x2x3/8.....paint the angles, then thru bolt the steel angle to the frame with high strength bolts, nuts and heavy back up washer...letting the angle stick out the front. Tighten the nuts and bolts thru the open front of the frame box. There are also access holes on the side of the frame box. Lay the Harbor Freight winch plate across the protruding angles, mark and trim to width (it's too wide) to match the width of the protruding angles. Clamp and drill matching holes through the winch plate and the protruding angle...original hole on the winch plate didn't align. Bolt the plate and angle together....high strength bolts and nuts...trim the protruding angle...I added tow hooks as well...then mount your winch. Mine is a Smittybilt 9500. Sorry, I jumped.directly to the fabrication. Of course, to do all this, you must first remove the plastic bumper cover, discard the inner crush box...then trim the plastic bumper cover to fit around the winch and remount for a factory finish...maintainting OEM turn signals, fog lights, etc.
Finding this a few months later. OLECOWPOKE do you have any pictures?