HELP! Stalls after stopping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J'sJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I do. Rattles though while engaged. If it seizes while engaged I have to replace it. I would rather have running jeep w/ no air then chance it.

J'sJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the induction cleaning I've done seafoam in through the gas as well as through a vacuum hose just after the throttle body to get the pistons, cylinders and head. I have also heard that you're not supposed to clean the intake portion after the throttle body due to lubricants on the walls being a necessity and removing them can be ******* it.

I'm only posting as a discussion I'm not quite 100% sure but I know my sources are experienced.

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the induction cleaning I've done seafoam in through the gas as well as through a vacuum hose just after the throttle body to get the pistons, cylinders and head. I have also heard that you're not supposed to clean the intake portion after the throttle body due to lubricants on the walls being a necessity and removing them can be ******* it.

I'm only posting as a discussion I'm not quite 100% sure but I know my sources are experienced.

I never heard of lubricant on the intake walls. Still so far your fuel injection is not 100% clean. Have you removed your air cleaner hose and looked inside the throttle body? There could be a ridge of gunk on the inside of your throttle body blade that is causing all of your problem.

When it is professionally done - Stuff does go in the tank, probaby stronger than what you can buy. They also force cleaner in to the injectors under pressure through the fuel rail and they remove the throttle body and clean it and inside the intake. Last time (and only time) I had this done on another car, I felt the difference as soon as I let out the clutch.

Now this would be a garage rip-off if your KJ was running fine but it is not.

Replacing sensors trying to match them up with a driveability problem is a crap shoot.

And to reiterate - do you use top tier gas? Have you bought a bottle of Techron yet?

J'sJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never heard of lubricant on the intake walls. Still so far your fuel injection is not 100% clean. Have you removed your air cleaner hose and looked inside the throttle body? There could be a ridge of gunk on the inside of your throttle body blade that is causing all of your problem.

When it is professionally done - Stuff does go in the tank, probaby stronger than what you can buy. They also force cleaner in to the injectors under pressure through the fuel rail and they remove the throttle body and clean it and inside the intake. Last time (and only time) I had this done on another car, I felt the difference as soon as I let out the clutch.

Now this would be a garage rip-off if your KJ was running fine but it is not.

Replacing sensors trying to match them up with a driveability problem is a crap shoot.

And to reiterate - do you use top tier gas? Have you bought a bottle of Techron yet?

Do not use top tier gas. My mechanic, also has a degree in engineering and studied on effects of higher octane for engines that do not require higher octane does not equal better performance if gas mileage. This is all I can toss in the hat about octane ratings. I've cleaned the throttle body after removing intake hose as well as cleaning the throttle body "blade.".

That's all I got.

J'sJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TPS replaced. Symptoms changed. Idles high in park and neutral and is not consistent either. Will change speeds. It idles a little more healthy in drive and reverse 8k rpm or so rather than 6k. PCV Valve going bad is like bad or missing vacuum line. Could explain the problem with the stalling in the first place. I'll keep any followers updated. Any thoughts? I really do appreciate the help.

J'sJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put old tps back in. New symptom gone. Either new us bad or old is worn down so it doesn't catch and fix the error the new one is showing. Going to do a fuel pressure test ASAP. Please help if you have any ideas for me. Thanks

J'sJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tested fuel pressure. Pump is strong. Had an issue with holding pressure though. Only before being run. After running pressure held with key on engine off though. Taking it to dealer Monday.

J'sJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kept getting a code from trans lately. P0841, trans pressure sensor "a". Low/reverse. Took to a dealer they found trans temp was -3. Was running on freeway for 30 min and was not that cold out. Needed to have solenoid pack replaced. Included solenoid, trans temp sensor, trans pressure sensor, etc. runs really well now. No stalls. Took on 5 hr trip today, perfect. The code was going on and off.

scott_shoe

Reaction score
I have the same issue and if I shift to Neutral at a stop it doesn't stall. Think it may be something related to the Torque Converter sensor. Any inputs? Batt good,, IAC valve cleaned (going to replace if needed)

musky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a vacumm leak will cause it to stall at low rpms also have your alternator checked.