HELP! Right speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ljamison2000

Reaction score
Hi, just bought a 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport for my first car! I ordered these speakers in 6.75" and hope to use the existing amp for the front 2! Did I make the correct purchase? http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/r165x3

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That URL says 6.5, not 6.75". I'd tend to think that if they are 6 3/4" that may be too wide of a diameter.

2.15" deep... I don't know the OEM mounting depth, and judging by the lack of replies on this, no one else recalls either.

What I'd do, is pull one of the original speakers you are wanting to replace, then compare it on the bench with one of the new ones. It should be obvious if the new ones are too large.

Wiring in the OE amps should not be an issue, just have to remote mount them froward and low in the door. There are threads on here with pics about that, just have to use the site search.

Good luck.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a set of Pioneer TS-D1720C's in my Jeep last year, they are 6 3/4", although they wouldn't mount to the factory mounting points. Had to use a Scoshe SAC656 adapter plate, apparently Chrysler used 7" openings, as with these adapters everything bolted right in.

Mounting depth on the speakers was 2.5", so 2.15 should be fine.

What amp are you using, the stock Infinity amps that are mounted to the speakers? Those are 2.7 ohm amps, I believe. I'm kind of loathe to put anyone through the pain in the ass of running new speaker wire, but once it's done it's totally worth it. I put an amp under the driver's side rear seat, fits nicely and there is a ground point right there under the carpet already.

Last edited: