Help Please -Coil pack Thread/Nut size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulpunisher

Reaction score
03 3.7 4WD limited
One of my coil pack bolt/nut broke and I need help finding the replacement or at least knowing the thread size? Can’t find almost any info or replacements about these at all?

soulpunisher

Reaction score
I don’t think a break down of almost every other part, bolt/nut is helpful tbh..

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably best to call the dealer as they have greater access to specific parts details.
I have no idea why the are not listing the EKO code for coil pack mount & nut specs.
It may be located somewhere else in the fiche, cant remember.

Attachments

• Coil Pack KJ.jpg
    Coil Pack KJ.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Most hardware stores have the Thread tester racks right in the hardware department - Take another coil bolt with you and see if it'll tell you what it is.

You must be registered for see images attach

One of these - If I'm understanding OP's question correctly

(Btw I HIGHLY recommend buying these for home shop use.)

TheHammer66

Reaction score
Most hardware stores have the Thread tester racks right in the hardware department - Take another coil bolt with you and see if it'll tell you what it is.

You must be registered for see images attach

One of these - If I'm understanding OP's question correctly

(Btw I HIGHLY recommend buying these for home shop use.)
Where did you get that? I would like one for my shop.

malibuz16

Reaction score
I believe they are a 6mm ****** nut with a 1.0 pitch they take a 10mm wrench.
Those are the same thread and pitch as the bolts that as the intake M6X1.00. The coil bolts also secure the intake.

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
Are these what you need, or do you need the stud too?

Attachments

• Coil Nuts.jpeg
    Coil Nuts.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 4

lordnerble

Reaction score
Hi gang, This is the closest post thats recent to my conumdrum. went to replace all my coils and 3 of 6 of the coils the top nut wont come off and the whole nut,bolt, coil is coming off. Is it safe to just keep turning the bolt so i can either take it all off or get it high enough to fit a wrench on the bottom nut and get some leverage to try and get the top nut off?

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi gang, This is the closest post thats recent to my conumdrum. went to replace all my coils and 3 of 6 of the coils the top nut wont come off and the whole nut,bolt, coil is coming off. Is it safe to just keep turning the bolt so i can either take it all off or get it high enough to fit a wrench on the bottom nut and get some leverage to try and get the top nut off?
Yea. Bring the whole thing out so you can take it apart. I clamped mine in a vise.

Robochop

Robochop
Reaction score
They are the bolts for your intake manifold. The top part is where the coils bolt onto. You can take it all the way out and put in a vice like "DadOSix" said. Here's a couple pictures to show you what the whole thing looks like.

Attachments

• Intake Bolts.jpeg
    Intake Bolts.jpeg
    656.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Intake Bolts1.jpeg
    Intake Bolts1.jpeg
    428.7 KB · Views: 6

soulpunisher

Reaction score
Update* you guys have given correct thread sizes. However, if anyone is trying to find the original studs (that bolt down into manifold and hold coil packs down as well) they have been discontinued since 2020! If you do find any at a dealer ship it’s super rare and you should just buy them all! Otherwise you’re gonna have to go to a hardware store and Frankenstein something to work!

Reactions: klc

Latest posts

Members online