help me choose a lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it narrowed down to 2 different ones.

One is the franken lift 2 1/2" lift...
the other is the RockfatherII 2 1/2" lift. both seem to be very good because they claim to not rub the springs on the A arm. But the Franken Lift is already put together as far as front spring/strut goes...

Also i rarely go offroading in extreme conditions, it is mostly for looks, but yet the ocasional fun trail ride..although i do go on some moderate trails most of the time. these are my 2 choices, so which one??

What is everyones opinion??

I have a 2006 liberty.

PaU-MWolverine

Reaction score
My choice was the OME 2" w/ HD coils... absolute great quality & very happy with it. I'm like you mostly for looks (just for now, until it is no longer my DD), but will hit a "green" occasionally.

I realize it's not 1 of your 2 final choices, but just my 2 cents. :)

STEVE

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
between the two that you picked out I would go Frankenlift just do to who they come from ALLJs are a great company Rockfather comes from ...well someone who does not operate above board.
Personal choice OME coils and either OME shocks or Ranchos

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends where you get them but ive seen them for $100 for the front HD and $100 for the rear HD there is no price difference between HD, Med and light

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The franken lift is the OME lift but they add different top plates and put a spacer under the front spring to get more lift.

I have the rustys front coils, OME HD rear coils, and OME shocks front and rear. Perfect lift IMHO.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
But when you do a lift or just replacing spring you should upgrade to something better, Frankenlift with the OME springs is the best. Also look at the way springs are rated for example OME Heavy Duty are 400 lb, Mediums are 375 where as Rustys are only rated at 310 basically almost the same as stock.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since Ive not added any extra weight, I dont need a higher spring rate. I had the med duty OME springs on the front and it sat nose down. The Rustys spring raised it up 1.5in giving a grand total of 3" of lift(still one inch under the Franken lift). :)

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep in mind the rockfather II also uses OME springs, or so they say. So I should still go Frankenlift you think?

and also could you explain more on this ...

"between the two that you picked out I would go Frankenlift just do to who they come from ALLJs are a great company Rockfather comes from ...well someone who does not operate above board."

Do you mean that Rockfather is more bark than bite or just not as widley used??

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One more thing, no matter which lift i go with would it be a good ideal to also use als upper A arms with it?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
many people do not have the upper arms and get along fine, although to do the alignment it is sitting at the very edge of where they adjust. I have over 45000 on mine without a problem though for example.

tom

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, Al's UCAs are a good idea. Not only do they help with alignment but, they're greaseable and have a stronger ball joint. That's just one mod that I still need to do. I think I knocked my alignment off recently, too. Jeep seems to be pulling to the left all of a sudden.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Al's arms are good for the Franken lift, but they are not needed with the plan OME lift or Rustys lift.

Just check all your balljoints at each oil change. This should be done anyway among other things.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep in mind the rockfather II also uses OME springs, or so they say. So I should still go Frankenlift you think?

and also could you explain more on this ...

"between the two that you picked out I would go Frankenlift just do to who they come from ALLJs are a great company Rockfather comes from ...well someone who does not operate above board."

Do you mean that Rockfather is more bark than bite or just not as widley used??

If you search the forums you will find that most people advise to get the Frankenlift over the Rockfather. I don't think anyone has ever said the rockfather is a bad lift. But, unless all these people are working for All J's I think it is safe to go for the Frankenlift. How could so many be wrong? In fact I just ordered a Frankenlift II premium on Monday.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
frankenlift no longer uses any spacers. =D hrm... or does it... =?

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
frankenlift no longer uses any spacers. =D hrm... or does it... =?

Their website says they use "custom designed Poly Urethane spacers"

It also comes with OME HD springs and your choice of what brand of struts/shocks you want. I went with premium II because it uses all OME struts/shocks and if you are already spending $800+ you myswell spend the extra bit to get the best.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
/me slaps self... thats right, i have the CRD lift, i think that one doesnt use spacers, it uses the stock isolators which have a core return charge on them er somthing.... i just couldnt remember seeing spacers on my lift when it went in... unless you count the isolators as spacers?

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive decided ill get the frankenlift and als a arms also..thanks alot people!