Help. Looking for a lift kit.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepKj96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey. I'm new to this site and i thought i would turn to fellow Jeep KJ owners for help. I have a 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited. I was looking at the rough country 3in lift but it is only for the 2003-2004 KJ's. I got in contact with the people at Rough Country and they said i would need to get the 2003-2004 struts and control arms. Would that be worth it? or is there another lift kit you would recommend? How much are those parts and where would i find them?

Please Help me. i would prefer to not just get spacers. I am also looking for a suspension lift not body.

Thanks alot,
Nolan.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
12 year old springs and shocks, they all need replaced , going with Rough Country would be the worst move ever

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeepin by Al would be great if he had the Ironman shocks in stock. Marlin told me he was expecting them in by the end of April and would send me an email when they came in. That was 3 weeks ago (since they were suppose to be in). Glad I called first and didn't just buy it and have my $1400 in someone else's pocket and nothing to show for it.

Anyone know what the call back waiting period is for a business? I know it's 4 days when calling a girl...is it 4 weeks when calling a business?:33:

"All in good time, my pretty, all in good time...":waytogo:

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah when I ordered my Ironman springs and shocks from JBA, it was either the front or rear springs were on backorder. I don't remember how long I waited for them, but they did come.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's been filling orders this past week
hang in there

I had not placed the order yet, I was promised an email when the parts came in.

Aah, I remember the good ol' days when people kept promises and customer service was first priority...

...I guess I'm just not important enough...poor pitiful me...(banghead)

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meh! I've never had much luck with email when it came to JBA. That's why I just call them if I got a question on an order. Despite the lack of email replies they answer the phone frequently and are quick to ship.

Sometimes it's worth it just to be a little proactive yourself and realize they are human and get busy with requests. Every now and then a requests from a customer to be emailed on whe parts arrive might get overshadowed by other issues. I'm certain it's purely accidental and nothing personal.

They have good shit at a good price so sometimes it's worth the hoops you have to jump. I'm not condoning them, but just saying. I've ordered lift kits and other parts and have always had prompt shipping or updates to my order if something was on hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Jeepin by Al would be great if he had the Ironman shocks in stock. Marlin told me he was expecting them in by the end of April and would send me an email when they came in. That was 3 weeks ago (since they were suppose to be in). Glad I called first and didn't just buy it and have my $1400 in someone else's pocket and nothing to show for it.

Anyone know what the call back waiting period is for a business? I know it's 4 days when calling a girl...is it 4 weeks when calling a business?:33:

"All in good time, my pretty, all in good time...":waytogo:

Well you know JBA is a one man operation basically when it comes to orders and shipping. SO with the amount of orders he has a month/ plus talking to people on the phone etc there will be cases of things taking a little more time. I know for a fact he keeps a ongoing list of orders/calls/ requests etc so I'm sure as soon as he gets the ones that had ordered and were waiting he'll be on to you. Was there for a week and saw first hand what goes on daily to keep every customer happy.
Ironman is where the slow down was anyways nothing to do with JBA

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with JBA was great. I had a couple questions before I ordered and my calls were returned in a very timely mannor. Once my lift was in, I had a problem and within an hour the Iron man rep had emailed me after I had contacted JBA by email. Simply impressive.
I have yet to have time to do what the Iron man rep wants me to do but I'm sure once I do that experience will also go well.

Alan

Latest posts

Members online