Help I don't know what's wrong!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaykay71110

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still the traction control abs n esb and the code reader is sending p0340 2times...my brothers friend came over and said its not getting no spark and my oil smells like gas??

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check if the ASD relay is energizing...probably not.

You can try jumper pins 30 and 87 in the ASD relay socket and see what happens but probably you are not getting crankshaft or camshaft sensor outputs to the PCM.

kaykay71110

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check if the ASD relay is energizing...probably not.

You can try jumper pins 30 and 87 in the ASD relay socket and see what happens but probably you are not getting crankshaft or camshaft sensor outputs to the PCM.

But why? I changed both of those! N the cam has to be getting sum signal or now it won't turn over and over again

kaykay71110

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I cant get this fixed I guess I am gonna have it repo and ive already been appoved for a mazda tribute 2006 :( kind of ***** because I have already had 2 libbys and i love them so much but I cant be with out a car much longer!

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But why? I changed both of those! N the cam has to be getting sum signal or now it won't turn over and over again
Where did you buy the cam and crank sensors? If you bought them anywhere but the dealership there is a very high chance they could be bad right out of the box.

Neither the cam or crank sensor will prevent the engine from cranking over.Sounds like you may have a wiring issue or a PCM issue.

Oh and your oil will smell like gas if you keep cranking the engine over with no spark.It also washes the cylinder walls clean of oil so more wear is taking place when your cranking.If you do get it started change the oil ASAP.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I cant get this fixed I guess I am gonna have it repo and ive already been appoved for a mazda tribute 2006 :( kind of ***** because I have already had 2 libbys and i love them so much but I cant be with out a car much longer!

Then bite the bullet and take it in. Sorry its not like you didn't try but even if they give you a diagnostic you might be able to fix it your self and save $.

kaykay71110

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you buy the cam and crank sensors? If you bought them anywhere but the dealership there is a very high chance they could be bad right out of the box.

Neither the cam or crank sensor will prevent the engine from cranking over.Sounds like you may have a wiring issue or a PCM issue.

Oh and your oil will smell like gas if you keep cranking the engine over with no spark.It also washes the cylinder walls clean of oil so more wear is taking place when your cranking.If you do get it started change the oil ASAP.

Okay well it wasnt starting to turn over till i changed the cam sensor and i bought them from advanced auto, I was thinking something might be wrong with those because when i pulled them out then were a B**** then they just slid right back in and had some play in them. if i get it running i will thanks tjkj for the heads up!

Then bite the bullet and take it in. Sorry its not like you didn't try but even if they give you a diagnostic you might be able to fix it your self and save $.
Yeah I dont know what else to do we followed all the wiring with a meter and checked every thing we could still, everything checked out fine. Its gonna be towed to ford since my uncle works there and i get a discount so they can run it on test there.

billwill I tryed the asd jumping no engine start but when i jump it you can hear something on the top of the engine engage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online