HELP! have searched but cant get a definite answer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

holmadik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i did a bit of trail riding today nothing crazy just some same trails now my jeep pulls to the left and is making a clunking noise and vibrates a lot all coming from drivers side. i stopped before i got home to see if there was a stick wedged in there and i found and lubed piece of metal sitting on the control arm. anyone got any ideas this is my first KJ and my first issue like this, BTW its an 07 sport 4x4 all stock, thanks in advance.

holmadik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and is there anyone in the augusta GA area im stationed here and have none of my tools here with me and havent done any major mechanical work in a couple years will prolly need some help with this

holmadik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here you go dont see anything out of place
You must be registered for see images attach

holmadik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill check on that but i did find a piece of what i think is some kinda bearing it was definitely lubed and this thing is pulling hard to the left

holmadik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not yet its dark i think its just time to just go get a new wrangler they are having a clearance sale right now maybe they will give me enough for my jeep to make it worth it

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Try power washing everything out... brakes and suspension. You could have knocked it way out of alignment also... so it may be worth your while to have it aligned.

holmadik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just has a lot of miles and it seems to be one thing after the other I don't want to keep dumping money into something that doesn't hold it's value

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the wheels are pointing straight ahead is the steering wheel straight? If its not, you knocked your camber out of whack. If there are no issues like that i would see if the caliper is opening all the way, or maybe you packed the hub bearing. (Packed meaning bound up) Imo you shouldnt just trade it in. Jeeps are so easy to fix and most parts arent that expensive either. When going out in the woods, no matter what you drive, your going to run into things like this from time to time. You just have to keep up with maintenance and fix the problems before they cause others. Buying a new wrangler isnt going to keep you from breaking things in the woods.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
It just has a lot of miles and it seems to be one thing after the other I don't want to keep dumping money into something that doesn't hold it's value

Have you seen what the dealers and private sellers are getting for used KJ's? They do hold their resale value... when they're taken care of. ;) Sounds like maybe you're looking for an excuse to dump yours...?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Whats a lot of miles to you? Just curious since a lot of us are nearing 200,000 and lots even over that mileage
Going out and digging through the mud brings nothing but problems no matter what you have, be it a 10 year old KJ or a 2 month old JK, or a built for mud truck
Find out what the issue is and what it will take to repair it before you jump into another payment

holmadik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was the cv axle 53.00 dollars and 45 mins, went to the dealer just to see what i could get for it and screw that 3k ill take that if ************* after taco bell and the gym, its got 115k and its not my favorite vehicle in the first place i should have got an xj or a wrangler in the first place ive had great experiences with both idk why i even bought this i guess it was just because i was in a pinch and needed a vehicle and it was a decent deal, as soon as i can get a decent amount on trade in its gone though. not enough after market stuff to make it mine yah know?

Last edited by a moderator:

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you may want to sell it yourself...trade value will be way under the sell value.
I don't know if they do it where you are but over here my brother in law refused to sell his car to the dealership because they wanted to give him 3000 for but the dealer agreed to sell it for him instead of buying it. So he got 8000$ that have been put on the new car directly. Of course the new car was under the condition that the older one have to be gone first. The dealer was ready to do almost everything to close it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll take my KJ over a XJ any day and then way better than a Wrangler
But sounds like you just want to get something else and want an excuse
so party on

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting pretty tired of "users" that come on here to get their one question answered and then complain about the answers they get, or how much they want to get rid of their Liberty....especially ones that think the wrangler is indestructible and so far above the Liberty. I have nothing against wranglers, I would never own a JK, but a TJ or earlier would be sweet...in addition to my KJ, not instead of it. But as was said, regardless of what you drive, the second you leave that pavement you're opening yourself up to problems and issues. Just something you need to accept. When you drive off road, it's not a repair, it's maintenance.

And btw, there's plenty of mods, you just need to look and be creative...or you can go replicate one of the million mallcrawler wranglers already on the street.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(yeahthat)

So, you're complaining about maintenance issues with a 5 yo KJ with 115k? Yet you mention getting maybe an XJ? Do you think you'll have fewer issues with an 11 yo Jeep with many, many more miles on it?
Makes no sense to me:shrug:

I owned an XJ before the KJ. Drove it for 8 years and 200k+. I liked it quite a bit, but I like my KJ more. It's more comfortable on the road and just as capable, if not better off the tarmac. My KJ has been everywhere the old XJ went.

And I can even close the doors when it's sitting off camber with one wheel off the ground:icon_twisted:

Latest posts

Members online