Help guys... Please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Showolf777

Reaction score
Hello to all... I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 3.7. Check engine light had been on and I pulled a code for U1411. Jeep ran well except for rough idle where it went up then gurgled way down to point of almost stalling then revived itself over and over. Replaced fuel pump & switch last weekend. Light went off then came back on right away but it is blinking at idle with VERY rough idle real choppy. Put it in drive, and its as if nothing is wrong. Has full pick up and doesn't miss a beat even at a stop. I am quite puzzled about this and do not have a clue where to begin trying to find the issue? Any help much appreciated, Thanks in advance as well.

Oh... Also bought 4 new oxygen sensors but the guy was only able to install 2 of them because he said he had to remove stuff to get to them? and plugs are OEM only 3 months old.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you downloaded the 2006 Jeep KJ Service Manual below?

At the bottom of the Index Page is the DTC Index. Look for this code in the DTC index and go to the page given...9-604.

It will show you a simple Logic Diagram and give some advise...I would re-plug all the connectors shown on that page ie. BCM, PCM, Fuel pump etc. and check the wiring for loose connections or shorts to chassis/engine.

Or it could be some form of vapour/fuel lock issue. I know the Gassers have some system of fuel filler cap etc. to stop vapour locks...I own a CRD which does not have this problem but you may find a description in the Service Manual or someone here will chip in!

www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

Last edited: