help front end lift probs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

faderjake

Reaction score
hello im new to the site and am looking for a little help. i wanted to level out my liberty and get some new meats, dident do the home work and ended up with the rro ott strut spacers. had them installed and every time i hit a bump "bang". so i emailed tech support and first it was a sway bar link then he said it could be the strut could be overtightend. :disgust: so i brought it back to the garage and my mech. said everything was good and he dident know why it was banging. im thinking the spacers are just junk and im gona take them out SOON. i realy like the way it looks tho. so i was thinking ill level it out with the oem med. springs and blistien struts and teraflex bumpstops. and leaving the back of the jeep alone till i get more money. im wondering if that would put me right were i am now 1.5 but with out the "bang"? also my mech. said he had a realy hard time getting the sway bar links to come togather. anyone know any tricks to make this easyer? also is the new struts and springs goin to go in harder or easyer than the ott spacers? thanks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First hate to tell you but yes the main problem is the lift you got.
Not knowing what year/miles etc its hard to say if just doing the front will level it out, more than likely it will be taller since you get more than the advertised 1.5 inches of lift
We have shocks in the front as well, not struts.
You should have no problems hooking thensway bar links back up when done, it has to be done with full weight on the ground though, which most people do not know.
Yes ride will be 100 times better with OME springs than with the OTT lift, esp from RRO

faderjake

Reaction score
thanks, i was looking at the teraflex bump stop to go with the ome spring and strut lift, i was wondering if the 3 inch ones will be to big? or if they are the ones i need?