Alignment issues with JBA arms (NOT without???)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

So I just installed JBA upper control arms and got an alignment. However there's one problem. See if you can spot it...

Camber: 2.0 LF, -.3 RF
Caster: 1.9 LF, 2.2 RF
Toe: .14 LF, .13 RF

I asked if he could just set the camber and let the caster fall wherever it does. He said "Well they're both adjusted with this bolt (pointing to the bolt on the back LCA arm)." So I said "Well shit just get it the best you can. Maybe I'll drop the clevis lift and bring it back.

So this is where I'm at. I'm at a loss for words here. My alignment was fine PRE UCA installation.

I've spent a ton of money on quality recommended parts and ended with a Jeep that's going to chew up tires.

I need help or words of advice. :icon_sad: :icon_cry:

I've heard there's a way to adjust camber on the UCA itself. Can someone explain this to me? Doesn't seem true.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Each front LCA has a cam bolt.

The front cam bolt mainly adjusts camber(will move caster some also),the rear cam bolt mainly adjusts caster(but again will move camber some also).

That guy was a idiot,find a better place.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Each front LCA has a cam bolt.

The front cam bolt mainly adjusts camber(will move caster some also),the rear cam bolt mainly adjusts caster(but again will move camber some also).

That guy was a idiot,find a better place.

Better than Firestone? You work there, don't you? :rofl:

Does the lifetime alignment carry over to other Firestones?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better than Firestone? You work there, don't you? :rofl:

Does the lifetime alignment carry over to other Firestones?
Not every person is actually qualified and truly understands how to do alignments.Just because 1 can simply do a alignment does not mean actually understands what he is doing,let alone being able to do 1 that is more then a simple toe set.

Oh and yes that lifetime alignment is good at any firestone store in the world.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not every person is actually qualified and truly understands how to do alignments.Just because 1 can simply do a alignment does not mean actually understands what he is doing,let alone being able to do 1 that is more then a simple toe set.

Oh and yes that lifetime alignment is good at any firestone store in the world.

Thank you for this.

I want to try to get the camber away from 2 degrees. Which way can I turn the front bolt to try my hand at getting a CLOSER alignment?

I know this is not recommended by all means...but 2 degrees is ridiculous. I'm also sitting surprisingly low in front. 21.25" left and 21.5" right. Pretty low for new springs and shocks. OME 927s.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is not recommended by all means...but 2 degrees is ridiculous. I'm also sitting surprisingly low in front. 21.25" left and 21.5" right. Pretty low for new springs and shocks. OME 927s.
^^^^^^^^^This is your issue^^^^^^^^^^

Your not lifted enough for JBA's.You'd have much better luck with the camber issue at 22.5"-23.5".

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^This is your issue^^^^^^^^^^

Your not lifted enough for JBA's.You'd have much better luck with the camber issue at 22.5"-23.5".

Interesting. I wonder what the deal is with this OME set. Wonder if the shocks are shorter or something (they're a different shock than the older set).

Can you explain to me the reasoning behind this? I believe you I just like to understand exactly why things work the way they do.

Thinking about it...wouldn't more lift just give me more positive camber...causing alignment to actually be MORE difficult?

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the JBA's were designed for lifts at the height specified by troy, it's the way they are angled.

And he's also right about the guy doing the alignment, there's two bolts on the LCA that are adjustable not just one. I've had to fix some alignments from people who just didn't understand them.

To do a proper alignment you have to understand what each angle affects and how they each affect each other. Looking at alignment specs is also another way of determining if a vehicle has structural damage as well

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm I see I see. Looks like I'll be ordering top plates and sticking with 2 degrees of camber for now. On one side (awkward!)

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know, you could try the firestone by me.
I also have the lifetime alignment on my jeep through them. The tech at the Berkeley Heights shop (Alejandro IIRC) is apparently an ex-Jeep shop tech and seems to understand the quirks of doing the alignment on these things.
let me know if you come down.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ hell, you live in Berkeley Heights? My best friend and family moved there when we were in 1st grade and stayed all the way through college.

And my uncle lived in Scotch Plains.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
edit: n/m can't read.. you said "lived'

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He was the town's emergency management director until cancer got him.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
condolences. cancer *****. dealing with it in the family now.

Latest posts

Members online