HELP! 3" Rough Country Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cosmo

Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the site but happy to be a part of it. I had a Rough Country 3" lift put on last spring and have nothing bad to say about it. However, I am having issues with my front drive shaft. Here's the back story... I have a 2004 KJ Sport, 3.7, auto with 147,000+ miles on it. About two weeks ago, my front drive shaft/propeller shaft took a dump. I found a remanufactured one at Oreilly's, so I bought it and had it installed. It lasted all of 37 miles! So, I took it back and they gave me a new remanufactured one with no problem and had it installed two days ago. That one lasted all of 90 miles! So, I took that one out and returned it. Now, I have one being shipped from Morris Jeep 4x4 Center. My question is, would my lift have ANYTHING to do with the driveshaft crapping out on me? My mechanic (Jeep mechanic) says no and that I just got some bad parts from Oreilly's. Any suggestions or ideas? THANK YOU!!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Those places are great places to buy wax and tire shine, thats it.
Junk parts do you still have your old driveshaft? if so rebuild it and be done.
Also their is no movement on the front driveshaft except it spins around, lift makes no difference since nothing changes up there

Cosmo

Reaction score
No, I gave it back to them for core charge... so, its long gone. Yeah, I agree about those places only good for that stuff but I was out of options. Every place I called, even our Jeep dealer, was out of stock and on backorder. I should have just rebuilt it. I hope the one from Morris is good. It is new anyway.

I was certain there was no correlation between the lift and the driveshaft but wanted to be sure. After my fun the past week, I started questioning myself. Lol. Thank you for your help!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.