Hello! New User

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ag Standard

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have been on this website countless times and now i have decided to be part of it! I am a big Jeep enthusiast and am happy to be here. I own a 2007 Silver Jeep Liberty Limited KJ with 220,000 miles. Yes that's 220K. Best part is? Not a single issue. Take care of you car, they take car of you :)
I have a question! I want to lift my car with the Skyjacker 2.5" and put 31" or 265/75/15 Duratecs on her. Can anyone share pics of a similar set up? I worried about rubbing.

My plans for her:
-Skyjacker 2.5"
-31" Duratecs w/ Pro Comp Steel Wheels
-Westin Ultimate Bull Bar
-Omix-Ada Tie Rod Ends
-New Black Grille
-Line-X: Rear Bumper, Side Skirts, Door Trim, Fenders, Front Bumper, Bull Bar
-Clear Bra around lower door area

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have been on this website countless times and now i have decided to be part of it! I am a big Jeep enthusiast and am happy to be here. I own a 2007 Silver Jeep Liberty Limited KJ with 220,000 miles. Yes that's 220K. Best part is? Not a single issue. Take care of you car, they take car of you :)
I have a question! I want to lift my car with the Skyjacker 2.5" and put 31" or 265/75/15 Duratecs on her. Can anyone share pics of a similar set up? I worried about rubbing.

My plans for her:
-Skyjacker 2.5"
-31" Duratecs w/ Pro Comp Steel Wheels
-Westin Ultimate Bull Bar
-Omix-Ada Tie Rod Ends
-New Black Grille
-Line-X: Rear Bumper, Side Skirts, Door Trim, Fenders, Front Bumper, Bull Bar
-Clear Bra around lower door area

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Welcome, I'd suggest you start by doing some reading on here and LOSTJEEPs regarding your choices
First the Skyjacker is not a good lift, springs are rated same as stock and WILL sag
Second you'll need 4 inches of lift to run 265-75-16 tires, not 2-2.5 that the Skyjacker will give you at first. PLUS with that size tire you will need to regear to at least 4.10s ( low as you can go with stock front diff )
ProComp wheels? better priced ones out there
By the way when lifted 16X7 with 4 inches of backspacing
I'll stop there for now :icon_lol:
For comparison
silver one 3.75 inches of lift with 245-75-16s / 4.10 gears etc
Black one ( mine) 4 plus inches of lift, 265-75-16s ( Duratracs) / 4.10s etc
You must be registered for see images attach

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Ag.

As Tom said there's a lot of good info on here on what lift works best for the KJ.

Dave

Ag Standard

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! My problem is that I have a budget of 3K. I can do the work myself, so that saves money :)Is it imperative that I get new gearing and a 4" for those tires? It is a little bit pricey for me right now.
Also if I get a 4" lift, would any of the components underneath (drive shaft, etc) have to be adjusted? I would love to go all out, I'm just a little pinched right now...
Thank so much tommudd and Dave! I'll start reading some threads over next few days.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! My problem is that I have a budget of 3K. I can do the work myself, so that saves money :)Is it imperative that I get new gearing and a 4" for those tires? It is a little bit pricey for me right now.
Also if I get a 4" lift, would any of the components underneath (drive shaft, etc) have to be adjusted? I would love to go all out, I'm just a little pinched right now...
Thank so much tommudd and Dave! I'll start reading some threads over next few days.

IF,...you lived in say Florida where everything is pretty much flat, then you could get by for a while. Even on flat ground I couldn't use overdrive at all until I was over 75 mph. Below that all it did was keep shifting back and forth, plus ran hotter. Lots of owners are even running 4.10s with 245-75-16s on theirs
Only one way to do it right.
Most every lift I have done we put in the 3.5-4 inch range , with jeepinbyal UCAs , OME or Ironman lift ( almost all of them used a combination of those two) and have very little issues

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you from experience from what I have now that I do not like the Skyjacker lift kit... Rides like shit and handles like shit. Can't wait till I have the money together for my OME kit.

nocTurNalX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will get more ideas here on best kit you can use. Do it once and do it right, welcome to the club!

Latest posts

Members online