Hello from Va

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Terry

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just bought an 04 KJ 3.7 5 speed 4wd for $700.00. Has no compression on cylinder 5. Found a used engine local for $850.00 with 141,000 which oddly enough is the same mileage as the Jeep. I fixed all the rust on my 96 XJ a year ago and gave it to my brother. I missed my old faithful XJ. We need a Jeep for our vacation house in MT. I’m hoping this will be a nice little rig once I get done with it. My plan is to get this thing running and drive it out west for Xmas. I’m looking forward to getting to know some folks. I’m hoping this forum will be as helpful as the XJ site.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I'm also hoping you will have a nice rig to drive soon.
Lots of good helpful members here willing to help.
What year is the used replacement engine?

Mike Terry

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
I'm also hoping you will have a nice rig to drive soon.
Lots of good helpful members here willing to help.
What year is the used replacement engine?

Its a 2004. Jeep is a 2004. I was nervous about getting an engine from another year as I don't know differences yet. I got it off my truck last night. It's fully dressed. Now I have to figure out what to keep on it and what to swap.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Its a 2004. Jeep is a 2004. I was nervous about getting an engine from another year as I don't know differences yet. I got it off my truck last night. It's fully dressed. Now I have to figure out what to keep on it and what to swap.

You did good then, 02/03 are same then 04s change so the best one for an 04 is an 04

Latest posts

Members online