Heater/blower issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue_Liberty

Reaction score
My wife reported the following issue to me. When she has the heater on one of the forward blowing settings or the floor, and switches to defrost, it is taking a long time to switch. She said sometimes, it will not switch. Same thing going from defrost back to any other setting. Takes forever, and sometimes just doesn't switch.

Is there a vaccum leak or something? Any help would be appreciated. I'm going to look at it this week.

Thanks.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
happens to me everynow and then..what i usually do is put the blower in max, and it will switch it faster....either that or turn it off, then on again..

Blue_Liberty

Reaction score
Ya, that would probably work, but I want a perminent fix. It should operate properly, not require addition knob turns to get it to work.

Do you know what causes is when it happens to you? Seems to be that it has just started happening to my wife now that the weather has gotten cold, so maybe cold temps delay the opening and closing of the blower directions. Or, it could be that it has always been like that, but she is just now noticing it because she is using it more due to the colder weather (but she never said anything about it doing this last winter).

Thanks.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too Slow

It might be a bad vacuum hose, reservoir or vacuum check valve. How to diagnose? With engine running, listen for hissing sound under the dash, the sound is actually the vacuum defect sucking air in.

Blue_Liberty said:
Ya, that would probably work, but I want a perminent fix. It should operate properly, not require addition knob turns to get it to work.

Do you know what causes is when it happens to you? Seems to be that it has just started happening to my wife now that the weather has gotten cold, so maybe cold temps delay the opening and closing of the blower directions. Or, it could be that it has always been like that, but she is just now noticing it because she is using it more due to the colder weather (but she never said anything about it doing this last winter).

Thanks.

dnm45227

Reaction score
Mine, my Wife's, and a co-workers KJ's all have a delay. I think it's normal.