Heated Side Mirrors Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded their side mirrors to the heated variants 55155842AG and 55155843AG? I am curious if i could add them in to my jeep and how i would go about adding the control for the heat would go. I got here by way of researching how to install the auto dimming rear view mirror Thanks

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I added them to my 08 KK. They were plug and play. The rear defrost button is what activates them.

I don’t know if this would work for the KJ or not.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remove one of the mirrors and see if the wires are there. Two spade lugs.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
KJ does have wiring present for heated mirrors. Heated mirrors are activated by the rear defrost button.
Try & find the OEM mirrors with the heated symbol. Aftermarket mirrors are available, but are not the same quality as OEM.
Expand image below to see the Oem connector.

Attachments

• KJ Jeep Power Heated Mirror.jpg
    KJ Jeep Power Heated Mirror.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 24

CRD-Joe

Reaction score
They are plug and play. Also if you want to add a dimming rear view mirror that will control the auto dim side mirror as well. I did my 05's with no issues. As stated the rear defrost button activates the heated mirrors.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must surely add an extra cable from rear mirror (resistance) to somewhere into the cabin. This cable is black and it doesn't come along with the three cables of the connector.
My kj 07 didn't come with heated mirror so this cable didn't exist but my kj 06 have heard mirror and bring of course this black cable

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have rear defrost (which you do, they all do) then it is plug and play. Like LibertyTC said, find OEM ones with the heated symbol on them. Easy peasy swap. Found the ones I used on eBay years back. You might actually find some in a junkyard now.

JamesM

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded their side mirrors to the heated variants 55155842AG and 55155843AG? I am curious if i could add them in to my jeep and how i would go about adding the control for the heat would go. I got here by way of researching how to install the auto dimming rear view mirror Thanks
I upgraded my 2006 Liberty Limited to heated mirrors, wiring was already in the factory plug, when you turn on the rear defroster it also turns on the mirrors.