Heat shield under Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry! I know I just posted up a question not to long ago but I have another issue that's come up.

Anyone else have issues with what I assume is the heat shield under the jeep? It's the foil crap with foam inside if it.

The other day I was hearing a weird noise whenever I'd accelerate. I looked under and that heat shield was falling down and dragging in the rear driveshaft as it spun. It's all tore up and falling apart. I pushed it up but it's hardly even in place.

I assume it's important to keep this in place? Is it easy to replace or can I just tear it out and toss it away? I'm worried with exhaust piping going through it could catch fire too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya i have heard of this before..
The crap can be cut away & either forget about it or if you really want to replace it..
There are self adhesive heat shield type pads in various qualities/thickness that can be stuck back in there.
Just google "self adhesive heat shield"
Got a photo of this twisted mess?

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya i have heard of this before..
The crap can be cut away & either forget about it or if you really want to replace it..
There are self adhesive heat shield type pads in various qualities/thickness that can be stuck back in there.
Just google "self adhesive heat shield"
Got a photo of this twisted mess?

I'm just cutting the crap out right now. I think it happened the other day when I went through a large amount of water because it wasn't like that a few weeks ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya water soak causes it to all fall apart eventually. Nasty.
Not exactly the best idea to have padding in puddle jumping/river crossing Jeep.
(even though it helps in noise dampening) maybe dynamat or similar product could be used instead.

Members online

No members online now.