Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys. I'm pretty sure that this has been brought up before, but what the hell. Has anyone bought the JBA headers for the KJ, or does anyone know if they actually make a big difference on performance. I'm toying with the idea of doing a full exhaust system on mine. I would like to get a little more acceleration out of my KJ.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see some #'s. You'd think JBA would have done a pre and post install dyno pull or something.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are headers a pain to install? i remember a teacher once saying something about them being difficult because of the heat causing things not to line up properly. i cant recall exactly what he said. ive always wanted to buy a set of headers, just wasnt ever sure what exactly was involved.

btw will they affect the sound of the engine? i already have a magnaflow cat back and k&n.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do,ask KY Liberty he might have it.

Acutally, they don't have them. I'm planning to do before and after dyno runs when I get mine installed later this year. However, I'm also replacing the cats and probably going to 206 cams at the same time, so I won't have accurate numbers for them either.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright kyliberty, when you get all of that done we need to line them up and see how bad you beat me... Then when I get out of college Ill do the same to mine if you beat me bad enough.. :)

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for my Schedule K from the forensics company I got out of last year. I have no idea how much taxes I have to pay next month right now. I'm also putting large amounts towards the firearms collection since the last election since I don't know where that is going to end up. I'm really planning on at least doing the headers and cats this year, but I'd like to do the cams and a custom set of polished and ported heads at the same time. I've seen pretty good results from the heads that have been machined out right now. Later, I plan on having the short block in the garage and heads custom built for a supercharger, but it is surprisingly powerful right now and I have plenty of other things to spend my money on.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why the price difference? ($442.95-$608.95) 2005 libby jba headers are $442, but 2006 are $608? I have an 07, if the 05's will fit why should i buy the 06's? is it what the 2006 headers are coated with?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why the price difference? ($442.95-$608.95) 2005 libby jba headers are $442, but 2006 are $608? I have an 07, if the 05's will fit why should i buy the 06's? is it what the 2006 headers are coated with?
The $442 ones are just plain stainless steel,the $608 ones are stainless steel but then are ceramic coated to drastically keep underhood temps down.

And yes the ceramic coating does work and is worth every penny.Drpped my underhood temps on my '84 Blazer by over 100 degrees when I had my Headman full length headers double ceramic coated,inside and out.You could almost grab the headers with your hands after a full day of running at 7500 rpm's.