Headers on 3.7L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would buy those headers used maybe...not worth it for that price. Full length headers for my hemi ram don't cost that much.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And just like that my search for headers has ended... Are they really that horrible? sheesh....
If you want them for mpg's yes they are horrible,for power(with less mpg's) and the correct PCM programming they are very good.Sadly though unless you find a used set or someplace with some on the shelf still your not getting any as JBA stopped making them due to no demand which also was the reason for the $500+ cost.

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I went off the crazy end and put them on I was getting 15.5.. Right now, um I am get 12.8. I just had all the fluids changed, new air filter, forced ram air intake, and new plugs. No noticable problem in how it runs. The B&G chip should be here this week.

When I put the headers on, I think I didnt get the collector bolt tight enough and it was leaking. Had the local **** shop replace the bolt and nut. But with it leaking, on the highway I got 19.8 MPG. I am hoping with the new forced air intake, and tightened bolts, and new chip I will be mid 20's.

If your sole goal is MPG. Just say NO.

The link I posted originaly had the headers for sale if anyone wanted them.

Kasmir Jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My MPH's didn't change much...But I also removed the all the stock cats and replaced them with one magna flow. I have more of a back pressure issue. Keep Us posted on the B&G. I thought with them you had to send them your PCM?

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My MPH's didn't change much...But I also removed the all the stock cats and replaced them with one magna flow. I have more of a back pressure issue. Keep Us posted on the B&G. I thought with them you had to send them your PCM?

...what year is your KJ? Didnt you have 3 and if so how do you pass smog and not have engine lights? I ask because my 02 has 3 of the SOBs and I have been told time and time again I have to keep 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kasmir Jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its an '03. Didn't have to pass inspection yet(but i'm dreading it, although the 360 Modena smells a lot worse). The shop that did the exhaust, put back the o2 sensors. One before and one after the cat. On occasions i do get a check engine light. I put my scanner on it a I get a o2 code. But get this it goes off on its own after a day. I have had the exhaust on for about 7000 miles, its gone on 3 times.