Hazard light indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tan's2002kjlimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my wife to the Vet tonight and all of a sudden the hazard light indicator came on, without me turning them on.
I checked all the lights, all working. Turned the lights off, light went out. Turned the lights back on, light came on again. Oh, and low fuel light came on too (because I'm low on fuel). Any correlation between the two?
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Doubt there's a correlation if you were already low on fuel. Just a coincidese that they came on at the same time.

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That picture you have posted isn't of the KJ hazard switch. :)

Is it possible that you had accidently reached into the middle of the insturmment panel and bumped it? I don't think anyone has ever reported an issue like this.

jeepfrog

Reaction score
Tom - you have exposed yet another anomaly between '02 KJs. My hazard light button doesn't look anything like that! First, the double fans and cowl, now this...

and, no I'm not sure what may have happened. ;)

TigerClaws

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me once, i had my left blinker on waiting at a stop light then i saw i was on hazards (in the truck's rear chrome bumper in front of me) ... I never moved a hand except to reach the left blinker and was alone in the KJ... i canceled the blinker and put it back on and the bug was still there ... When i pushed the hazard button on intentionnaly on then off, then blinker, everything came back to normal ... never done it again ... Just let it go and wait to see if it happens too often then send it to the vet too ... maybe try to get a bargain with the oil change on both at the same time :p

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one I posted isn't mine, I just used it for an example.
The hazards themselves didn't come on, just the dash light.
It's not bright lol3.gif, just on.

Sounds like you have a bad flasher unit which by the way is part of the hazard switch up in the dash, dont believe me search or check the FSM, we had that discussion a while back.. LOL

Better go buy a new part!

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I didn't know you could marry dog's in Illinois. lol3.gif

That's a good one Aaron!:D

Sounds like you have a bad flasher unit which by the way is part of the hazard switch up in the dash, dont believe me search or check the FSM, we had that discussion a while back.. LOL

Better go buy a new part!

I agree with Scott here!

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a hazard to take your wife to a vet taker to a reg doctor insted.