Haynes Jeep Manuals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillyBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying the Haynes manual for the Jeep Liberty 2007, however they currently don't have it. Do you know if it exists yet? Do you know if the 2002-2004 would be good enough for 2007? :confused:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying the Haynes manual for the Jeep Liberty 2007, however they currently don't have it. Do you know if it exists yet? Do you know if the 2002-2004 would be good enough for 2007? :confused:
You won't see a Haynes for a '07 for about 2-3 more years,and yes and no on the '02-'04 model manaul,some things will be the same and many will be different.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't bother with the Haynes. I use them on other vehicles that I work on in my "spare time", and the difference between them and a FSM (factory service manual) is insane. But, in some ways, a Haynes would be better than nothing (but not by much).

You're best bet is to hunt down a FSM. Dont think i've seen one for the 2007 floating around on the internet just yet, but im sure it's only a matter of time.

On a side note, if anybody does have a copy of the 07 FSM, or knows where I can download one, please PM me. I am trying to put together a collection of KJ manuals for quick reference

BillyBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Ok, let me simplify it. I'm not a automotive type person, and I want to learn basics of maintenance and maybe work towards some basic mods. I also live in an apartment with the equivalent of covered parking with not much space. What should I do to learn the basics? I've already been to the jeep site and have learned the basic concepts and such of the features/functionality of the jeep.

Any thoughts?

Tjdreams

Reaction score
You can buy the Factory Service Manuals and more from Chrysler. They are $$$. but well worth it if you plan to work on your jeep yourselfe.

I bought a hard copy for my 02 tj and will be buying one for my 07 Kj when I get my taxes back.
I also recomend getting the hard copy over the CD version as one scratch and all is lost
+ it's easier to take on the trail or have out at the jeep while working on it.
and as said above the electronic version will pop up on the web some where sooner or later.
Here is a link if you wish to Buy a legal copy. https://techauthority.gltghosting.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CustomerHome?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10051

NOTE be sure to read the foot notes IE{the 2007 CD versions will not work on IE 7.0 or Vista}

Tjdreams

Reaction score
Now if you want to find a free Service Manual on the web
search the web they are out there I have seen off brand KJ SM's posted for free download. Just keep your eyes open
Links don't last long but they do pop up from time to time
I found/saw a 02 through 06 KJ FSM's link the other day.
Sorry I didn't save the link location (I was looking for info on my 07)
+ Since we are not supposed to post links to these items
I coulden't have post if I had saved it. But what I can do is give you a hint to where I was when I found the link.
[Hint] what it is, when you can not find it. Is where to find the missing link[Hint]

t_bois

Reaction score
If you are not mechanically inclined, or if you just lack the knowedge of working on vehicles, it's best to start helping other's with work on their vehicles or get someone to help you work on your's.

What is your first thing you want to do/fix?

The library also has automotive manual for many vehicles. Before the internet I always checked the selection out.

Haynes/Chiltons has some good general information on simple stuff and they are cheap. So, depending on what your doing, Haynes may be ok; just start by getting some sort of manual. You may end up buying more then one manual, but I'd rather buy 2 or 3 then to start work with none! I also have purchased manuals on ignition systems, fuel injection systems, and carberators to help me understand what things do or how things work.

The other thing you will need are tools. Depending on what you want to do, you'll need a good set of sockets, wrenches, screw drivers, and a couple of piers of pliers, cresent wrenches, and cutters if you don't already have them. Also, sooner or later you will need a good volt meter. I buy stuff as I need it, realizing the more I use this it, the more I can save.

candpliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
downloaded a copy for my 06 Liberty Renegade today for 15 bucks. Very cool. Just google your year, model and FSM and you'll get a mess of links.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[SARCASM]
Yeah, but hanes refers to Spanners and things that us americans dont know about. :p
[/SARCASM]

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hmmm... Haynes...
I used to use them when I first started working on Mini's. Back in 1976.
Now for the Mini, it is referred internationally as "Haynes, the book of lies"
It doesn't just end with the Mini either!

But I guess that if a Haynes manual was the only thing I could get my hands on, then I would have to make An exception!