Having trouble in canada with parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hardluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a crap 3" ruff country lift on my 06 gas liberty. By the time i took it into to get an alignment my rear shocks started leaking , i couldn't afford to send them back to america and get new ones under warranty so i just ran them , its been about a year now and there really bad , I'm having trouble finding replacement shocks , in canada , i don't want to order from america again because its like a 200% price mark up , that i cant afford . Is anyone running Monroe shocks for this lift? or have any options on shocks i can get in Canada without ordering and paying crazy taxes and duty charges ? Any info on rear shock options would be great ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
99-04 4x4 Dakota rear shocks will work on the rear of a lifted Liberty.
Canadian Tire has a shock sale on,buy one get one 25% off.

Where you from? I'm in the Valley.

Gyro

And for any Canucks needing hood or rear glass struts they are on for buy one get second 50% off.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Monroes and other cheaper shocks will last a while, main issue is the lift you have, no bump stops etc . You'll have to replace them every 6 months to a year

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Monroes and other cheaper shocks will last a while, main issue is the lift you have, no bump stops etc . You'll have to replace them every 6 months to a year

That's good to know, point me where the noisy lift may be coming from...can't even trust pro off-road garage to do a good job -_-...

hardluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks tom , yes i forgot to add bump stops in rear , im going to do the hockey pucks in back once i get some shocks to replace the old ones , im going to replace the lift with OME hopefully next year , i didnt read first to get info on what i should have boughten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And for any Canucks needing hood or rear glass struts they are on for buy one get second 50% off.

At Canadian Tire? Need to replace my glass ones and can't find it on their site.

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Canadian Tire.
Page 15 of weekly flyer.
You may have to call or visit local store.

Gyro

Function > Form

Reaction score
Either that or order the part that is on a U.S. site, have it delivered to a U.S. address (e.g. UPS store), then drive over to the U.S. side, then you pay only the duties and taxes if applicable. Many times, a border guard will wave you by as the cost for them to do the paperwork outweighs the actual collected duties.

You are pretty close by and you can save a bunch of cash doing this. I cross over into NY quite often to pick up all of my parts. I've saved bundles this way.