have problem please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tullman

Reaction score
Hi All,
hope someone can give me some advice.
I have a 2002 kj sold here in Australia as jeep Cherokee Limited.
Had a massive electronics failure with the central locking, head lights, wind shield wipers, tacho and speedo all failing in one go... :(

Ive been told by my auto electrician that the body control module has gone on it but finding it difficult to find one in Australia...

just spoke with a parts company in the states (Morice jeep 4x4 centre) and they advised me that the part in question is now discontinued...

could anyone please help, with either locating the part in question or diagnosing the problem
regards
tullio

Last edited:

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely sounds like the BCM. I assume you already checked all the fuses? If it suddenly went all at once, it could be something simple like that. I'd look into parted out Jeeps, salvage yards, and used parts dealers to see if you can get hold of a new one. There are a couple of dealers on here.

On a side note, titling the thread with something more specific could help you get what you need. Maybe "BCM gone bad" or "Need new BCM in Australia". I see a LOT of threads on here that all look the same in the title, but are about very different topics. Not to nitpick though, just my $0.02.

Latest posts

Members online