has my timing belt been replaced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

netcott

Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 crd with 130,000 miles on it. The dealer could not find any records as to if the timing belt had been changed. I looked under the cover and I can see that it is a goodyear belt that looks pretty new. I am guessing that it has been changed but I wanted to make sure that they did not come from the factory with a goodyear belt. Does anyone know the brand of the originals?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 crd with 130,000 miles on it. The dealer could not find any records as to if the timing belt had been changed. I looked under the cover and I can see that it is a goodyear belt that looks pretty new. I am guessing that it has been changed but I wanted to make sure that they did not come from the factory with a goodyear belt. Does anyone know the brand of the originals?

According to Lost the original belt is a Goodyear.

netcott

Reaction score
So I wonder if it was the original belt if it would have a goodyear label or a mopar label. This one appears to be the same label as belts I have bought for other vehicles. So if the original is a goodyear does anyone know what the writing on the belt would say?

netcott

Reaction score
update

I finally found a picture of what appears to be an oem timing belt with 111,000 miles on it. It was a goodyear and the numbers appear to be something like, 674280sm1760. I also found a picture of a replacement goodyear belt and it has different numbers, G1518h220s8t280. When comparing my belt to the picture of the belt with 111,000 miles on it I would say mine has been changed becuase you can read all of the writing on mine and the used the one with 111,000 miles in barely legible. I will compare the numbers on the belt to confirm this.

Please let me know if anyone else has information on parts numbers on old vs new belts.