has anyone ever used this kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rlt2011

Reaction score
i saw this kit online for cheap, $200. Rocky Road Budget Lift. adds a 3 inch lift to the front and 2.5 inch to the rear (a lifting leveling kit.) the front is a 3 inch spacer that bolts to the top of the coilover, quite a huge spacer. just wandering if this would cause sum binding issues up front. anyone?

http://www.rocky-road.com/kjbudget.html

moose340

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not going to be mean but spacer lifts = Bad. Alot of people dont like Rocky Road either, I havent dealt with them personally. A full suspension lift is really what good for your Jeep Like a BDS or Old Man Emu. BUT If that is really what youd like to go with make sure you get new shocks because your stock ones are probably really worn out and youll need long bump stops to help save your fenders and flares. Hope this help outs a bit, good luck

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How many times does this come up. :shrug::shrug::freak3:
SPACER TYPE LIFTS LIKE THOSE WILL KILL YOUR FRONT SHOCKS
Period!
The way they are designed they will kill them faster than you can bolt the front tires back on.
Junk not worth what you have to pay to have them shipped
PLUS
the fact that I assume you have a KJ with some miles on it, the springs are already sagged and this will kill even your springs quicker
Do it right with a full spring kit or don't do anything
I hate to see people wasting their money on worthless crap :Bye:
I'd almost rather see someone buy them stupid looking LEDs rear tail lights than this lift

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I ran the spacer lift for about 1.5 years - it was given to me for free. If all you care about is the 'look' of the KJ, then go for it.

Aside from what has been stated before me, be warned that the ride will be absolute crap - much worse than the stock ride, even. You'll want to upgrade to a suspension lift right away, believe me.

I've had the OME+stuff lift in my KJ for a couple of years. The ride is far superior, and it still has the nice lifted stance that we're all looking for. Save your pennies and do it right. ;)

rlt2011

Reaction score
10-4! my kj has about 129k on it as of now....its sagged about as far as its goin to lol....i just hate the way the front end sits so bad i was lookin for a temp fix till after xmas, but u get wht u pay for so i beleive ill just do the clevis lift and wait till i can afford a REAL lift. thanks guys =]

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
At over 120,000 miles then yes you need new springs, bet you are at 18 inches or less from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare. If you installed any type of spacer lift with your current springs they would be "stacked" in no time. Meaning the coils would be riding on top of each other.
You'll be surprised at how well it will ride after doing it right.
ONLY way I would ever run a spacer lift is when a vehicle is brand new, but then you're still wasting money

rlt2011

Reaction score
yea they're already closed to being stacked....just a lil low on funds thanks to xmas lol opinion on some good (bank saving) lifting springs?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not much of a way around it
4 springs/4 shocks/ bumpstops etc you are looking at 7-750 in parts alone.
Not much of a way to go cheaper than that :shrug:
But the end result is WELL worth it.
My first lift lasted 100,000 miles and is now on another KJ, I have over 30,000 on this one and will swap it out in another 70,000 :happy175:

Latest posts

Members online