gunmetal look on wheels with out painting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

themadness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there any way to darken factory alloy wheels with out painting? i want to get rid of the shine but still be able to polish them up if necessary. painting them makes me a bit nervous b/c its so permanent.

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dirt will darken them up pretty good. then when you need some shine, just rinse em off :)

themadness

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Grenade::shooter::buttkick::893Chainsaw-Smilie-:flamethrower::Jedi::boxing:........................................................:happy175::cheers:

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dirt will darken them up pretty good. then when you need some shine, just rinse em off :)

Very sad but this goofy post is the only thing you can do without paint/powder-coat. Just paint them. If you don't like them paint them silver, black, whatever you want. And if you find something you really like on your jeep get them powder-coated that way.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Photoshop is an indispensible tool for the indecisive customizer.

Snap a few pics, drop them into photoshop (of similar software) and play around with different colors on the wheels. When you find the color you like, paint them.

I've used this technique on a few motocycle projects over the years, works great.

Latest posts

Members online