Greetings! from the UK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

momos

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am the proud owner of my 2002 KJ, currently experiencing engine gripes, so I have joined a few forums and am now hooked!
Any help finding a 3.7l Cherokee auto engine will be very greatly received.
I had the car 2 years and it got low on oil once, my fault, I know and am paying the price!
I run it on lpg which is great and has not affected performance, I get around 40-50mpg.
Look forward to spending time on here!
Thanks!

Attachments

• funbus.jpg
    funbus.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 7

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome..........so you are running the 3.7L on lpg (propane) and getting 40-50 mpg.........tell us more.

How much was the conversion? How hard was it to do the engine mods?

Dave

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
For me to buy and install that conversion, it would cost me upwards of $7000
( buying, taxes, install, shipping) and that's a conservative guess. I can buy a lot of gas for $7 LARGE.

I guess if I drove 60 000 miles a year, it may pay off, but that's a lot of money to spend out just to break even in 5 years of driving for me.

The set up cost vs the savings doesn't compute for me and my driving style. Kinda like windmills on your average house, sure your electric bill may be lower p/month, but how much is it costing you to buy/finance the set up?

As the old saying goes, " you don't get something for nothing in this world". :p

Sorry to sound negative, I am not dissing on your set up momos, just thinking out loud. :D

Last edited:

momos

Reaction score
Oh Crikey, sorry guys, still searching for an engine....
The LPG conversion cost £1700 and I currently pay 47p a litre I get 40-50mpg and do alot of miles. Although Jeep has only done 61k miles, It was really low on oil when I bought it and didn`t realise, so its my fault im in the **** now, it wasn`t the lpg tho, and I tow big horsebox, not regular but the fuel sure suits my car.
We off road as often as we can, usually after horse cross country events, the organiser lets me drive the 15km course to tell everyone when its finished, a lovely little secret not many people have caught on to.....Doh!
hehe, oh and Pioneer Gas in Rochdale Lancs have a great LPG fuel club, pay £100 and pay 40p a litre, get in.
laters!