Greetings from Montana.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatGuyConnery

Reaction score
Hello folks. I made my account about 2 days after I bought my 2007 Liberty, just never got around to posting this yet. I check the forum everyday without posting, how rude of me. So here I am now, trying to redeem myself. At the end of July I picked up an 07 Liberty Sport with 49,000 miles on it, currently sitting at 50,500 miles now. So far so good. I did way over pay for it. You should never buy a car when you are just killing time when someone is in the hospital (there is a story involved). Long story short I had a 2002 Land Rover Discovery that was about to blow up, dealer took it on trade and paid off the loan on it, and I was so sleep deprived and my mind was in other places It never dawned on me to really haggle, next thing I know I am leaving with a green Jeep.

I am very happy with it so far. Don't judge me on this, but at the end of the day it is no Land Rover. Although, I can't say I could drive my Rover 1500 miles without it breaking. So I have that going for me. Now its just saving up the money to do some tasteful mods to it. When I bought it the dealer threw on new tires! Thats great right? Except they are the most ghetto chrome rims, with tires that I have never heard of. So far she runs strong though.

So kind Jeep fellows, how ya'll doin?

Attachments

• jeepliberty.jpg
    jeepliberty.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 12

ThatGuyConnery

Reaction score
Welcome! Those are very.... Well.... Chrome! Haha

Thank you! And for the rims..........I hate them. With the fiery passion of one thousand hot suns. Which ironically is the amount of passion they give out when they reflect said sun into your eye. They truly are terrible. Who throws Drag rims on an SUV?

Regardless, I was going to buy a set of Summit Racing soft eight's. Black wheels on a vehicle this shade of green wouldn't look to terrible. Definitely better then a chrome wheel.

Here is a slightly better view of the color of the car, with the evil rims doing their thing.

Attachments

• 10389193_614701395310841_7040888698638110071_n.jpg
    10389193_614701395310841_7040888698638110071_n.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya the black is a big favorite with most liberty owners. And you would be surprised by what I see on liberties around here... Like 20s... And anything from its a kj thing on Facebook haha

ThatGuyConnery

Reaction score
Ya the black is a big favorite with most liberty owners. And you would be surprised by what I see on liberties around here... Like 20s... And anything from its a kj thing on Facebook haha

I figured haha. I always wanted to get black rims for my Land Rover, but the factory 6 spoke alloys just looked to good on it. With the Liberty I am not a fan of the factory steel wheel, nor the optional rims.

So far the theme I have playing through my head is 20% tint the windows, throw on those black rims with a decent set of A/T tires, and perhaps throw in a better stereo to replace the stock head unit.

The Jeep is mechanically sound (knock on wood) I will probably perform more modifications in the future. So far budget only allows these simple things right now.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured haha. I always wanted to get black rims for my Land Rover, but the factory 6 spoke alloys just looked to good on it. With the Liberty I am not a fan of the factory steel wheel, nor the optional rims.

So far the theme I have playing through my head is 20% tint the windows, throw on those black rims with a decent set of A/T tires, and perhaps throw in a better stereo to replace the stock head unit.

The Jeep is mechanically sound (knock on wood) I will probably perform more modifications in the future. So far budget only allows these simple things right now.

If it just got new tires on those rims I would say wear them down first. If you are planning a lift or anything in the future that is.

ThatGuyConnery

Reaction score
If it just got new tires on those rims I would say wear them down first. If you are planning a lift or anything in the future that is.

Ah, I forgot to mention that a co-worker of mine is considering buying them from me. I would have to go out and check, perhaps tomorrow but the tires that are on the rims at the moment are a highway tread, that I have no clue what it is rated for. Being in Montana and with winter setting in I am going to have the new tires with in a month or two if all works out.

On a side note, how is the 4wd in the snow/winter?

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, I forgot to mention that a co-worker of mine is considering buying them from me. I would have to go out and check, perhaps tomorrow but the tires that are on the rims at the moment are a highway tread, that I have no clue what it is rated for. Being in Montana and with winter setting in I am going to have the new tires with in a month or two if all works out.
Anyone here will tell you that I'm no expert, but my gut feeling is that as much as you hate the rims you ought to try and sell off the works while they are still brand new. Potential buyers will like the "shiny" and you are one nail or curb rash incident from losing a lot of value in them in an instant.

On a side note, how is the 4wd in the snow/winter?
I live in the Cleveland area and have only been through one winter with my Jeep, but I feel unstoppable in the thing. I had to make an eighty mile trip in a blizzard last year and the only thing I worried about were the other yahoos on the road. Which Transfer Case do you have?

ThatGuyConnery

Reaction score
Anyone here will tell you that I'm no expert, but my gut feeling is that as much as you hate the rims you ought to try and sell off the works while they are still brand new. Potential buyers will like the "shiny" and you are one nail or curb rash incident from losing a lot of value in them in an instant.

I live in the Cleveland area and have only been through one winter with my Jeep, but I feel unstoppable in the thing. I had to make an eighty mile trip in a blizzard last year and the only thing I worried about were the other yahoos on the road. Which Transfer Case do you have?

I do believe it is the selec-trac. I have the lever to shift to 4H and 4L

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I do believe it is the selec-trac. I have the lever to shift to 4H and 4L

Does the stick have both a "Full Time" and "Part Time" setting? Mine is the Command Trac, which means I don't use it unless things are already slippery. For an average 3-6" fresh snowfall around here I usually don't even bother at all. The thing I love the most is the on-the-fly part. It takes a lot of the indecision out of things when you always know in the back of your mind that it's available the instant you need it.

The consensus around here seems to be that the Liberty 4WD is as good as the tires you have on it. My tires are no great shakes and I still do fine. :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Get something besides Soft 8s everyone and their Mother has them anymore, be different:icon_lol:
Good tires and you'll go most anywhere you want. I think I actually locked mine in 3 times last year and we had record snowfalls where I lived then. The Duratracs just walked on through

ThatGuyConnery

Reaction score
Get something besides Soft 8s everyone and their Mother has them anymore, be different:icon_lol:
Good tires and you'll go most anywhere you want. I think I actually locked mine in 3 times last year and we had record snowfalls where I lived then. The Duratracs just walked on through

Hahaha, yeah I know everyone has them, but the main reason I was going to get them is that they are only 58$ a rim at the summit racing website. for that price you can't go wrong.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-85-68650/overview/