Got new meats, NOT HAPPY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, those Interco Boggers kick a$$ for looks! Must sound like a diesel locomotive going down the pavement.
They kick a$$ offroad to,just don't plan to get more then 10,000miles out of them and don't bother balancing them,next to impossible.They are kinda rough after you cut all the small lugs out(the poor man's paddles tire) on hard paved surfaces.

Oh and at 75mph it sounds more like a F-14 tearing past you,god I love that sound!

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I've got 12,000 miles on mine and they are wearing awesome and look almost brand new.

As for the BFG's,I was a great supporter of BFG's until I started playing offroad,they just don't last.I blew out 4 BFG MT's in less then 1 month due to a really weak sidewall that tree braches love to punture and before running the MT's I ran the AT's and had 3 sidewall puntures,1 tread seperate,and 1 break a steel belt.All these tires failed in less then 6 months time frame and all where less then 6 months old(not on my KJ,my '84 Blazer).I switched to Interco's Boggers and never had a problem,and after that I have only ever ran MT/R's or Intero tires with zero problems,not even one flat tire.

Sorry to hear about your poor experiences with the BFG's...
I've got nothing but compliments for the A/T's and M/T's in past off-road ventures. They have stood up well to the S#it and abuse that we threw at them. Possibly not the same off-roading that you do, might be the difference for the lack of dependability that you encountered!

On a side note.
I went to the local "Large Chain Box Store" Automotive supply/Department store (Canadian Tire...AKA Crappy Tire.) and found an in house "Off-road tire"
which has a tread pattern 99% the same as a Bridgestone Revo for a really good price... Problem is, you dig your finger nail into the tread compound and you can literally dig your nail into it so easily that it makes you wonder about the tread wear warranty they claim.

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to toss my hat into the ring, I have Pro Comp A/T's and they are wearing quite well, with great wet/snow traction. If my alignment wasn't so messed up, they'd look brand new. Just an option. Sometimes Pro Comp has 4 for 3 deals too through 4 Wheel Parts.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to toss my hat into the ring, I have Pro Comp A/T's and they are wearing quite well, with great wet/snow traction. If my alignment wasn't so messed up, they'd look brand new. Just an option. Sometimes Pro Comp has 4 for 3 deals too through 4 Wheel Parts.
Not to offend you but I rate procrap's lower then bfg's,just cheap china junk(yes all procraps stuff is made in china).All procraps where almost recalled but the main distributer didn't have enough money to do a recall so they let it slide(the fed's),procraps have a very bad rep for tread seperation at highway spead.Around here in CO you can't pay someone to take procrap tires,they are that bad and there are thousands of ultra ********* wheelers and many more average wheelers here,I trust there collective opinion over any store salesman.

Oh I didn't misspell procomp with procrap,that's what they are called here in CO.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
As to the comments on the BFG A/T's in prior posts, I just wanted to say that I have run 3 sets of them on other trucks (not the KJ) and have had excellent on/off road performance with them. And they last and last. I got about 69,000 miles out of the last set on a work truck. I would have them on the KJ but they don't make them in my size.

Dave

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As to the comments on the BFG A/T's in prior posts, I just wanted to say that I have run 3 sets of them on other trucks (not the KJ) and have had excellent on/off road performance with them. And they last and last. I got about 69,000 miles out of the last set on a work truck. I would have them on the KJ but they don't make them in my size.

Dave
Good for you,I went through 7 BFG's(4 mt's and 3 AT's) in 6 months on the same vehicle('84 "light" 3/4ton Blazer),less then 200 miles total driven and all in mud ranging from 12" to 36".I'll never even consider any BFG tire again,just not worth it,you couldn't pay me to run BFG's.

My buddies still run BFG's,both MT's and the AT's and never can get 30,000miles from them,most are switching to Maxxis BigHorn's or there BuckShot mudders.If you get more then 40,000miles out of a MT tire you have on crappy MT tire,it's to hard which makes it useless offroad.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you,I went through 7 BFG's(4 mt's and 3 AT's) in 6 months on the same vehicle('84 "light" 3/4ton Blazer),less then 200 miles total driven and all in mud ranging from 12" to 36".I'll never even consider any BFG tire again,just not worth it,you couldn't pay me to run BFG's.

My buddies still run BFG's,both MT's and the AT's and never can get 30,000miles from them,most are switching to Maxxis BigHorn's or there BuckShot mudders.If you get more then 40,000miles out of a MT tire you have on crappy MT tire,it's to hard which makes it useless offroad.

(blarg)

I have run BFG MT's for over 40k, as well as others, and yes they were used offroad, also mixed use.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.