Got new meats, NOT HAPPY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw a nice deal at Pep boys here in upstate NY buy 3 get 1 free, came to 560 for 4 tires with a rebate on 1 tire. They are Dakota AT 245 70 16, with a 50K prorated warranty and road hazard warranty. I get home, its dark, pull in my driveway to check them out now, i said "I want the white letters IN, meaning NO WHITE LETTERS....well they're white letters. WTF ok, that makes me mad enough, so I go in to check the paperwork. Sure enough, "whitewalls-IN" is checked. Now, next thing is I told them I want my stock tires, as they have about 6k on them. They gave them to me, sure, did they still charge me 10 bucks NYS disposel fee YUP. So in the AM I will be calling them to fix this or they're getting the tires returned through the front window :). Anyone here familar with them?

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, in the dark they looked great! I couldn't even see white!.....ya, cause it still had the blue paint on it! Plus it was closing and the cute girl behind me looked frustrated

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
....you didn't check the tires before you left the place?
X2...

Didn't you actually look at the tires first?

What were you thinking?

If I were "stupid" enough to have done that... Then I guess I would have to live with that and not post it here!

I guess I would call myself a MORON!

You reap what you sow

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets take it easy socks. No use in calling anyone names b/c they didnt get a good look at their tires.

I agree that you should of looked them over before leaving. Or at least talked to the cute girl.. :D Maybe she would of bent over and inspected them for you. nana.gif

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2...

What were you thinking?

If I were "stupid" enough to have done that... Then I guess I would have to live with that and not post it here!

I guess I would call myself a MORON!

You reap what you sow

WOW, that was just uncalled for. I hope people don't treat you this way, Socks.

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow....socks....anyways. I'm not sure what they would have done at closing that they wouldn't do in the morning, and like i said, it was dark, I checked them 10 minutes later in my driveway and by that time they were closed. As far as the cute girl goes, as I was waiting in line, I text my girlfriend who was outside in my jetta and asked her how the girls a%$ looked. Well you know how that goes. I

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Socks is bitter cuz he looks like a canadian terrorist in his avatar. :p

AR just make them flip the tires.. make them do it for free. no biggie.

Indiana HAS to charge you the fee for disposal. so it could be your state does too.

clmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing worse than spending a lot of dough only to feel shafted. Get what's coming and make them appreciate your time wasted.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolute Renegade...Your question on the tires.....In NY The State requires the disposal fee to be charged (and sent to them) based on the number of new tires sold...weather you turn in tires or not does not matter. It's not the tire dealer. But they should have told you this when you told them you were keeping your old tires. That is what they told me when I had my tires put on and kept the old ones. Sounds like the place you had them done leaves a little to be desired.

I never heard of that brand of tire before. Let us know how they perform as I am curious.

Dave

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just have them flip them, you dont have any miles on them to worry about any issues. ask about the disposal fee, in Ohio if you keep you dont pay.

so what did her *** look like? inquiring minds would like to know haha

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess none of you guys are aware of http://www.discounttiredirect.com/

Never buy tires retail, ever...

They have a very limited supply, I had checked. The rovers are only about 10 dollars cheaper then where I went last night, and would have more a bit more hassle. Nice place though.

I did call this morning, he said to absolutely bring the truck in and they will remedy the situation asap. As far as the NYS tire fee, it was 2 bucks a tire, I'm not gonna cry about it, I just thought that was odd. By mid next week I'll be back for an alignment since the franky should get settled by then. I'm glad it all worked out.

As for the tire brand, from what I found, the pattern looks like BFG but I believe Definity is made by Cooper, and the 50k warranty and road hazard should make for a good enough tire for me. The funny thing was the taller 245 75 16 was 5 dollars cheaper then the 245 70 16, but I went with the 70.

As for the girl, my girlfriend of 3 years is gorgeous, so I guess I'll stick with her.....(banan-hit)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
560 for 4 ?? 140 per tire for Dakotas, maybe tires are higher over that way.

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
560 for 4 ?? 140 per tire for Dakotas, maybe tires are higher over that way.

You have to minus the 120 for the 4th tire. You only pay for 3. Of course, then they just nickle and dime ya ha ha. Nothing in life is ever "free". :) so 110 a tire to have it mounted balanced and put on wrong, flipped, put on right. is pretty good. That's what most are paying for just the tire.

Latest posts

Members online