Goodyear wrangler ST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do Goodyear wrangler st tires have good tire life?

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind tire life

what kind tire life can you get out them?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Most of Goodyears I've had over the years have lasted around 38,000 miles, give or take a thousand.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got rid of my Goodyear wrangler ST's at around 24,000 they still had quite abit of tread left but just sucked so bad in wet weather I had to get rid of them before I got into a wreck in wet conditions.

k99jk99j

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got 28,000 on them right now and i believe i can make it to 35,000. mike

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tread life is good....traction is REALLY bad. You may not notice now, but when you upgrade to a better tire you'll realize what you've been missing. Also, the tire size has a lot to do with it....the 225/75's are too skinny in my opinion for an SUV, 245/70 is a good size and is wider so has better stability.

But, to answer your question...we purchased new tires around 35K-38K and there was still probably about 5K worth of tread left.

ranger81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped the ST's at about 38,000. They looked thin. Replaced then with General AT2's. Nice looking tire, good in snow too.

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 45K miles out of mine. Treadwise they might have been good for another 8K or so. I put on stock size Firestone Destination LEs. A big improvement in stability and traction. A slight decrease in MPG. Wait til you see the worn STs off of the wheel. They flop around like they are made of canvas. What a piece of crap.

tulsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40-45K miles is about right. These tires have the worst wet weather traction I have ever seen, and it gets worse as the tires wear down because the siping does not go deep enough. Also it is hard to find tires with a "B" traction rating.

richd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
40-45K miles is about right. These tires have the worst wet weather traction I have ever seen, and it gets worse as the tires wear down because the siping does not go deep enough. Also it is hard to find tires with a "B" traction rating.

I had to replace all 4 of my Wrangler ST because they were defects.I put on Goodyear Fortera silent armor,and they have the A rating.the rating is 720 treadwear,A traction,B temperature.Good Tire,this is a highway tire.If you have 4 wheel,you probably wouldnt use this.I can tell you that this tire sticks good in the rain.

Last edited:

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires squeal

when making slow or fast turns Tires squeal this just starting happend today?

cvt8474

Reaction score
I hate these tires. I don't want to waste money by getting rid of them too early, but these tires belong on an Impala and I can't wait to get rid of them. Don't get me wrong they did descent last winter in some roads with 6-8" of snow, but they're a far cry from an off-road tire. A person that doesn't know how to off road would have been stuck through what I took it through. There was a framed out Avalanche and Silverado in the area I drove through.