good list of suppliers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has posted a good list kj part/accessories suppliers? I like to browse whats available and alot of sites i come across have very little if any kj stuff. I searched the forum and didnt find much. So whats you favorite sites for kj goodies? I have an empty bookmarks folder i would like to fill up with good kj sites. Thanks guys

iamweasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock Auto is good for spares.
I recently bought a few things from there and they delivered to South Africa in less than a week. WAY cheaper than local dealerships too

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. Im seriously thinking about buying a roof top tent system. Anyone have some insight to pros and cons?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Like anything read read read
RTTs run from elcheapos in the 650-700 range up into 1500 plus
and like everything else you get what you pay for
plus you'll need to either buy or build a mounting system on the KJ and get rid of the cheap stock rails
ARB has some really nice RTTs
also check out compactcampingconcepts
he has several different styles available at cheaper prices

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
You can also talk to folks that use them often/always by visiting ExpeditionPortal.com... good site for that.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill look into that. How do the stock rails mount? Im sure i can come up with something. Get some steel tubing and have it bent and weld flanges on both ends to mount...

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock Auto is good for spares.
I recently bought a few things from there and they delivered to South Africa in less than a week. WAY cheaper than local dealerships too

Plus they're a strong supporter/sponsor here with a nice 5% discount for us.

Bob

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill look into that. How do the stock rails mount? Im sure i can come up with something. Get some steel tubing and have it bent and weld flanges on both ends to mount...

Split the plastic clamshell cover at the front and back of each rail. Underneath are two bolts running down into a nutzert in the roof. Remove the bolts and the rails come right off.

EDIT: Just saw that Tom beat me to the answer a few seconds before I posted. Sorry for double answer.

Bob

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries. Im just glad to get any answers at all lol. Ive been on way to many forums that are home to a bunch off self righteous ******** who wont give you the time of day. Great bunch over here though

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh theres some days we like to be self righteous ********, but for the most part its all in fun. :shrug::happy175:

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha ive come to almost expect a little bit a sarcasm from a few frequent posters here, but agreed all in good fun haha

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha ive come to almost expect a little bit a sarcasm from a few frequent posters here, but agreed all in good fun haha

Yeah, comes with the forum. We got "Jeeps & Mudd"........:smokin:

Dave