GM to buy Chrysler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Trodo said:
Marlon_JBT said:
Trodo said:
Would that include Jeep??

Chrysler GROUP = Chrysler + Dodge + Jeep.

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will not buy a GM product. I'll either buy a 07 Wrangler 4 dr now if they're going to do it, or I'll go over to (gulp) Toyota or Nissan.

Geez...

GM and Chrysler declined comment on the buyout. Which means that (right now), it ain't gonna happen. The media just needed something else to talk about! They made all of this up.

Don't scare me like that. On a plus note, maybe DCX will free up a lot of incentives to boost sales. Good savings.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Trodo said:
Marlon_JBT said:
Trodo said:
Marlon_JBT said:
Trodo said:

I will not buy a GM product. I'll either buy a 07 Wrangler 4 dr now if they're going to do it, or I'll go over to (gulp) Toyota or Nissan.

Geez...

GM and Chrysler declined comment on the buyout. Which means that (right now), it ain't gonna happen. The media just needed something else to talk about! They made all of this up.

Don't scare me like that. On a plus note, maybe DCX will free up a lot of incentives to boost sales. Good savings.
I didn't scare you. =P~ I'm the one denying this whole desperate attempt for the media to get some attention. Slow news day I guess.

But it's very apparent CG is for sale... to who is the question.

Anyway, I found this online... if GM did buy CG, these are the names they'd come up with...

Calibalt
Malibring
HumJee
G8300
Pacificadia
Corviper (or Viperette)
AvenG6
Chamero
Chargala
Aspelade

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
squote="Marlon_JBT"]
Trodo said:
Marlon_JBT said:
Trodo said:
Marlon_JBT said:
Trodo said:

Geez...

I didn't scare you. =P~ I'm the one denying this whole desperate attempt for the media to get some attention. Slow news day I guess.

But it's very apparent CG is for sale... to who is the question.

Anyway, I found this online... if GM did buy CG, these are the names they'd come up with...

Calibalt
Malibring
HumJee
G8300
Pacificadia
Corviper (or Viperette)
AvenG6
Chamero
Chargala
Aspelade[/quote]

oouuuuuu.......good one - - - put me down for a VIPERETTE.....oh wait , will I need a pilot's license???

Dave

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:

They can't comment about it. I believe it's an Securities & Exchange Commission regulation on publicly traded companies. Even if they could, they probably wouldn't... uncertainty in the market sends shareholders nuts.

The company my wife works for was just bought by a competitor. Both companies denied the "rumors" of the sale, right up to the point that they told the employees they'd know if the new company needed them sometime this March.

That said, I think GM buying CG is not going to happen.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, Chevy or Chery? Chevy or Chery? Chevy or Chery?...

With that list of buyers, GM looks pretty good ](*,) . I'm just not sure how one failing company can buy another faltering company and have any success.

I know there are a lot of MOPAR fans here, but I'm not one of them. I'm a Jeep fan only. I base this distaste on how crappy my ownership of various mopar cars has been. Even our 2001 Grand's only saving grace was that it was a Jeep. It was otherwise a piece of crap.

However, my 2003 liberty has been very reliable, solidly built, drives smooth, handles nice, AND it's a Jeep. The paint stays on when a bird poops on it, the A/C has never smelled like dirty socks and at 70,000 miles, it doesn't need a new head gasket. The only difference I can see between prior to 2001 & 2003 and newer is Daimler ownership.

I can't see any of the potential buyers in that article keeping this trend going. The best is GM, & all I can say about them is GM's run badly longer than most cars run at all.

This is bad news.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/engineering/article1403683.ece

It's ready for sale. The coming weeks will be interesting.

I have gone through two employers that sold the company. The first, I was apart of the layoffs to make the company look right away that it was more profitable. Then with the second company, they were losing money, and again let me go as they were doing the same. Increasing the cash on the books. So the cutting the 13,000 jobs is to do the same thing, make the books look better.

This is all very sad, as I think the Chrysler group has a good selection of cars and trucks and should be doing better then they are.