Glad My KJ Is Old-Fashioned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the new technology that senses when the key is close to the car when you touch a door handle. Just repeat and amplify this signal and the door is unlocked. Better wrap your key fobs in aluminum foil when you are home. Or maybe this will help create a resurgence of the old tin box bread drawer that will now be used for your keys.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That guy has no clue what he is talking about.Those vehicles with that type of system(almost all Nissans) have amazing range depending on what's around to cause interference.

At work when I do a alignment on a prius I have to put that fob in my vehicle which is parked more then 300 feet away,any closer and it still will start if you push the button.The Chrysler version has amazing range also,video proof can be found on 1 episode of Top Gear(British version).

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well another reason why new all new cars are trash. For my next vehicle I want any jeep vehicle that is pre-OBD2. I hate the car being run by a computer that has lots of problems and I want to be able to work on my own jeep and never have to take it to a dealer for problems like a computer.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta love the new technology that senses when the key is close to the car when you touch a door handle. Just repeat and amplify this signal and the door is unlocked. Better wrap your key fobs in aluminum foil when you are home. Or maybe this will help create a resurgence of the old tin box bread drawer that will now be used for your keys.

I usually wear the aluminium foil on my head...'cause of the black helicopters, you know...

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That guy has no clue what he is talking about.Those vehicles with that type of system(almost all Nissans) have amazing range depending on what's around to cause interference.

At work when I do a alignment on a prius I have to put that fob in my vehicle which is parked more then 300 feet away,any closer and it still will start if you push the button.The Chrysler version has amazing range also,video proof can be found on 1 episode of Top Gear(British version).

They are not talking about FOB range (although that is half the problem). They are extending and retransmitting the signal of the transceiver in the car that sends a chirp out looking for the FOB so those of us who cannot be bothered to reach in our pocket or purse can have the door "magically" unlock.

Last edited:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the device they're using, so keep a watchful eye out for those sneaky rascals. lol

You must be registered for see images

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There IS no other version...that Americanized THING with the drooling redneck frat-boy idiots is TOP DRIVEL...I have spoken.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could try to line the inside of the fob with tin foil and leave a small area that is not lined at the bottom to make it "directional".

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why wouldnt you just buy a 300 $ alarm .... factory equipped anythign i nonene when it come to anti theft

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember reading a year or so ago about a big wave of non-break-in thefts. The cops were baffled and the upshot was that there was some new technology involved to turn the cars own security measures against itself. Sounds a lot like this. Just what we need... :emotions34:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well another reason why new all new cars are trash. For my next vehicle I want any jeep vehicle that is pre-OBD2. I hate the car being run by a computer that has lots of problems and I want to be able to work on my own jeep and never have to take it to a dealer for problems like a computer.
You will find OBDI a major pain,trust me OBDII is 100000000000000000000000% better for working on,even for a DIY(well a dedicated one).

why wouldnt you just buy a 300 $ alarm .... factory equipped anythign i nonene when it come to anti theft
I don't know about your neck of the woods but here in the states those aftermarket alarms are more hassle then they are worth,no one even pays attention.When you hear one go off you think "Well someone has there sensitivity set to high" and go about your day.I've sent away more vehicles with electrical problems of no start conditions due to aftermarket alarms then I can count also.

Members online

No members online now.