Glad KJ's have a throttle cable!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
do you mean wire as in electronic or cable as in like a tv cable... thats the best way i can put it lol

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2007, there's definitely a lag. I've gotten used to it and don't even notice it, but at first it was annoying. The other annoying thing (not that it's a huge deal) is that if you rev it, it takes FOREVER to slow back to idle.

My wife's 2005 G6 has drive-by-wire and you'd never know. Very responsive.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Troy...never really realized the 5.7s were TBW
do you mean wire as in electronic or cable as in like a tv cable... thats the best way i can put it lol

Do you mean TV cable as in the kickdown for a 700R4 or TV cable as in a coaxial cable (Aeh)(Aeh)(Aeh)(Aeh)

Last edited:

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours only tops out at 105mph? Mine cuts out at 114mph(I also top speed test every vehicle at least once,scary in a Jeep,fun in a muscle car).
Yup. The Ram only has a 120 speedo though, so once I removed the limited (which was also 105), it will pin it. I just didn't have a GPS the last time I tried to see how fast I was actually going. Wish they made a programmer for the Libby's.

drfd74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problems with Toyotas isn't just related to the pedal design, it's also the electronics and software. Though Toyota won't admit to that yet.

For the past 3-4 years Toyota concentrated on quantity instead of quality. My neighbor has a 2009 corolla and my god it's cheaply made. Cheapo flimsy plastics. Just give the bumper a slight kick and it falls off lol.

Never been a fan of Asian cars...never will be.

X2

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure glad that we have a regular throttle cable:) not fly by wire, after the latest news today/Toyota fiasco.
Could the KK's fly by wire be effected by Electromagnetic problems??:eek:
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2010-02-03-electromagnetic03_ST_N.htm
Accelerates with brakes applied: http://www.freep.com/article/20100128/BUSINESS01/1280424/1331/
Do not see any listing for Chrysler vehicles listed as having these issues.
Anyone know if KK's have braking safety measures in place like BMW or Mercedes for example?

Fly-by-wire, just like the airforce and airliners have been using for years.

Of course what this means is that you should stow all electronic devices such as laptops or music players and turn off all cell phones during your drive...

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The difference is that this is a ground based unit, does not fly, but could be sensitive to Emi-EFi and dont drive near ships radar or the Airport where radar is strong.
I wonder what happens if a cop points a radar gun at a Lexus? LOL.:p