Getting JBA UCA. Can i lift more?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after my attempt of getting alignment, I was told I needed upper and lower ball joint replaced on front left side before they can align it properly. Thanks to this forum, I'm already aware that front upper ball joint isnt replaceable and needs New UCA. Which means...UPGRADE! :)

Right now what I have is:
OME 927/948 with bilsteins and about 1/4 inch clevis lift.
245/75r16s "borrowed from my father's used tire shop"

I can probably get clevis down to 3/8 inch.

Now the question is, how much more can i lift and whats the best way to add more lift without getting new springs? Strut spacers?

I won't get bigger tire though. If I do, no bigger than 31 10.50 r15s.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well with that plate you will get 1/2. With OME springs I wouldn't suggest more than 3/8th clevis and a plate. More than that and you might be entering cut down CVS territory.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well with that plate you will get 1/2. With OME springs I wouldn't suggest more than 3/8th clevis and a plate. More than that and you might be entering cut down CVS territory.

Thanks! Its too early to do cv axle yet for me.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Maybe on the CVs, been running over 4 inches of lift for over 170,000 miles, the left side lasted till a few months ago

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rustys:happy175::happy175:

They still can't get the holes drilled right

JBA has them

Basically you can do a 1/4 inch top plate and 3/8 inch clevis

BUT then you'll have some UBJ/ spring contact on larger bumps

Haha thought of rustys came across at first but only like first 10 sec. After top plate and clevis, no more lifts...for now.

Funny how i was reading your reply to some guy over at lostjeep just now and i get notification that says you replied to my post.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha thought of rustys came across at first but only like first 10 sec. After top plate and clevis, no more lifts...for now.

Funny how i was reading your reply to some guy over at lostjeep just now and i get notification that says you replied to my post.

Moderator on here and LOST plus on a bunch of other sites so I'm here/ there/ everywhere:happy175:

Latest posts

Members online