Getting a replacement part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgsneeze

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new here and could really use some help. Recently I was driving down the highway when another car hit a chunk of tire that was in the road way. The chunk then went flying my way and hit the grill on my 2007 Liberty Sport. The grill is now cracked in several places with some chunks missing. I have been trying to find a replacement grill with very little luck. The dealer wants $275 for an unpainted grill and another $250 to paint it to match my Jeep, oh and extra to install it. I called several junk yards and they do not have the grills. So, are there after market placed to get grills? Maybe a metal grill, or something? Do i have to shell out the cash that the dealer wants?

Thanks!

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would just get a cheap one on ebay. if you dont like the color it comes in paint it black

sleeve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The grille is so easy to replace. It's only held in place with a couple screws on the top and some plastic tabs on the bottom

Just keep checking junk yards, ebay and other places until you find one. I had a spare for my 2002 but sold it off last year or so.

Have a cold one and spend about 10 minutes replacing it.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 doesn't even have screws....4 "tabs" across the top and then a couple of clips at the bottom that come loose when you tip it forward.

bgsneeze

Reaction score
A picture of my horror

Here is a picture of the broken grill, so you can see what a tire does. Also you can see the color:).

Attachments

• IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 40

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chrome wouldnt look bad and like i said i dont think black would look bad

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or check out www.car-part.com - they search junk yards across the US, and you might still find one near you.

X2...

I use that website ALL the friggin time... And if i don't find one locally i will narrow the search by distance and call a place that has what i need to see if they would ship and what the cost would be, if the shipping is more than gas money i make a road trip out of it. The yards around me are getting picked over for newer vehicles... When i say newer i mean like 2000 model year and up, they just don't get many in unless they are totally trashed and not repairable. Times are changing.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the broken grill, so you can see what a tire does. Also you can see the color:).

Ouch.. Looks like it got the hood a bit too or was that paint chip there before??

Ebay... Grills on there all the time. You could also get like a black one and just pop it on, make it an accent and leave it black. Or a chrome one if your into Chrome, those are on eBay too. All cheaper than the dealer cost.

If you got any bodyshops around ask them, they might be able to get an aftermarket and paint it for the price that the dealer wants for just the grill itself. Normally i won't recommend aftermarket parts, but when it comes to a plastic piece like that, ehh, no biggie.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year I have a white one off my 07 if you want to come get it in Mi.
Would love to be able to do a favor for another Kj Country member