Getting a replacement part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd also recommend Ebay/Craigslist as well. My wife wrecked a front flare on her KJ last year, and I found a replacement for under $50 on Ebay that was already silver - taken off a KJ that got hit ******* the opposite side. Hopefully your neighbor in MI can hook you up though!

bgsneeze

Reaction score
Black Plastic part

What is the black plastic part that the grill clips on to called? it looks like it goes around the front and the head lights? that is cracked, and i think there is a sensor (i am guessing it is a temp sensor) that should be attached to it that is now just dangling by some wires.

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the black plastic part that the grill clips on to called? it looks like it goes around the front and the head lights? that is cracked, and i think there is a sensor (i am guessing it is a temp sensor) that should be attached to it that is now just dangling by some wires.

That's called the header panel - and yes, that temp sensor there is for the overhead console. The header panel is the same for '05-'07 - I've seen those on Ebay too, or you can try getting it from a dealer. I've used the sponsor above - www.wyckoff-mopar-parts.com - with good success. They're local to me, so I was able to pick up the parts but I think they have reasonable shipping rates.

bgsneeze

Reaction score
does replaceing the header panel require tearing apart the bumper/headlight/fenders?

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my wife's '03, I had to loosen the front bumper cover since the header panel was clipped in to it - not sure on your model though. You'll also need to remove the headlight assemblies, wiring harness, and temp sensor, then swap them over to the new header panel and re-install.

Latest posts

Members online