Gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

w8in4yurmom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get the white face guages like the older models had? I have an 05 with the black faces. I know ebay has them but there in km.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would keep watching ebay or check the junk yards as Ryan said. They show up now and then. Couldn't you use the gauge faces from an earlier model year also?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I would keep watching ebay or check the junk yards as Ryan said. They show up now and then. Couldn't you use the gauge faces from an earlier model year also?

Good point!

Check the aftermarket. You might be able to just buy a new replacement gauge faces as well.

I'll look through my 100K of auto links and I'll find a link for you a little later this evening after Jen goes to bed!

Cheers
Ryan

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a major thing but I noticed on the older clusters (02-04) The Tac and Speedo are switched compared to the 05 to 07s.. I noticed that b/c my 06 KJ has the speedo on the left and the tac on the right. Since I'm Left handed and always drive with my hand at the 12 oclock position and I always watch the tac to judge my speed since my arm/hand blocks view of the speedo. My fiancee bought an 02 KJ (with the white face by the way :D ) and when I drove it I was amazed to see the two switched.

Now that I think of it. With the speedo and tac switched... Would that cause a problem? Would the computer know which one is which and send the right signal to the respective gauge? If the computer knows currently the Speedo on the left and tac on right, you think it would pick up the swap when the older cluster goes in or does any one thing that wouldn't matter?
I would find that out first.

Last edited:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a major thing but I noticed on the older clusters (02-04) The Tac and Speedo are switched compared to the 05 to 07s.. I noticed that b/c my 06 KJ has the speedo on the left and the tac on the right. Since I'm Left handed and always drive with my hand at the 12 oclock position and I always watch the tac to judge my speed since my arm/hand blocks view of the speedo. My fiancee bought an 02 KJ (with the white face by the way :D ) and when I drove it I was amazed to see the two switched.

Now that I think of it. With the speedo and tac switched... Would that cause a problem? Would the computer know which one is which and send the right signal to the respective gauge? If the computer knows currently the Speedo on the left and tac on right, you think it would pick up the swap when the older cluster goes in or does any one thing that wouldn't matter?
I would find that out first.

Wait, your saying your fiancee's 02 has the Tach on the right?? My 03 is like your 06, Tach on the left. I haven't seen one with the Tach on the right.

Correct me if i am wrong, but swapping the entire cluster requires reprogramming to get the odometer reading correct?? What they are talking about doing is just swapping the gauge faces, pull off the needles and swap the face itself. Kinda like putting those glowing faces on over top of your stockers.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Gauge cluster swap won't work. I don't recall the reasoning for it though.

It should work like this though

'02 - '04, Speedo on Right, Tach on Left
'05 - '07, Speedo on Left, Tach on Right

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gauge cluster swap won't work. I don't recall the reasoning for it though.

It should work like this though

'02 - '04, Speedo on Right, Tach on Left
'05 - '07, Speedo on Left, Tach on Right

Ahh ok, i had to re-read his post to understand what he was saying.

I think there was something you had to do with the computer to swap a cluster but i don't remember what for sure.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait, your saying your fiancee's 02 has the Tach on the right?? My 03 is like your 06, Tach on the left. I haven't seen one with the Tach on the right.

Correct me if i am wrong, but swapping the entire cluster requires reprogramming to get the odometer reading correct?? What they are talking about doing is just swapping the gauge faces, pull off the needles and swap the face itself. Kinda like putting those glowing faces on over top of your stockers.

Sorry if I confused you lol. I did my best to get my point out as simply as I can :D . If there looking to just swapping the face only wouldn't that require hacking the face up to swap the tac and speedo? I've taken a few clusters apart before and most of them have a one piece sheet of plastic with all the gauge faces on it.