Gauge Pods for '05 Liberty CRD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepin1977

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can purchase some gauge pods for my '05 Liberty CRD? At first I was primarily interested in a pillar type pod but I have had such a hard time finding anything that I am willing to go to an overhead counsol if needed. Vehicle is a 2005 Patriot Blue Sport CRD. Much thanks.

Jeepin1977

Reaction score
Thanks Bennet. I have been to that website but the pods they list are for 2002-2004 liberties, will this be a problem?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
No problem. It's the same Jeep. I don't *think* the color was changed. I'm not at home, so I can't compare my '04 with my sister's '05.

Jeepin1977

Reaction score
Hi Bill, What year is your Libby? Mine is an '05 and I e-mailed the company and they were not sure if the pods would work as they have 2002-2004 listed for these pods. I have a 2005 CRD that I plan on doing some extremely heavy pulling with and I want to mount a pyro, trans temp, boost, oil temp gauges into. But to do this I need to know if this is even going to work. I am currently in the process of installing an aftermarket ****** cooler and oil cooler as well but having a pyro will be an absolute necessity as I will be working the #&!% out of this little diesel. Thanks much.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be aware that you will need to drill two holes to mount the guage pod (it doesnt use the existing screws and holes).

thx1138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya gotta drill holes to mount the pod? Bummer dude, I was gonna get one cuz I can't stand not havin' an oil gauge. Jeez, between the gaugepod guys and the clear turn lens people...us guys wif '05's is outta luck. ](*,)

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have Black (unpainted) or Neutral Beige. If you want to paint it to match i would use Krylon Fusion paint for plastic. It works great on plastic (dont use it on rubber though :))

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeepin1977 said:
I have a 2005 CRD that I plan on doing some extremely heavy pulling with and I want to mount a pyro, trans temp, boost, oil temp gauges into.

Are you going pre-turbo or post-turbo for your pyro ?
Greg

Jeepin1977

Reaction score
I am definitely going pre-turbo as the measurements are far more accurate and useful. When one mounts a pyro post turbo temperatures can vary anywhere from 25 degrees farenheit to as much as 400 to 500 degrees depending on the load. I spoke with one the technical people at Banks Engineering and that it what I was told. They said that depending on the load (the amount of exhaust gas going thru the turbo) the turbo will absorb heat at different rates and therefore you are playing a guessing game. They did caution however not to get any metal shavings into the pipe while drilling to mount the thermocouple as any metal shavings can get into the turbo and possibly ruin it. When I do this I will remove the exhaust inlet pipe so I can clean it out after I am done drilling as to avoid this possible problem all together.

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pre-turbo is best......I own a 2003 Dodge RAM 2500 H/O 24V Cummins, and others on different sites say 300* to 400* F is about the average temp difference between pre- and post- turbo readings; not sure on the itty-bitty turbo used on the CRD, but I'd imagine the temp difference would be nearly the same. I, too, have been wanting to add gauges to my CRD...I just wish EDGE would crank out the Juice w/Attitude for the CRD's.....the Attitude Monitor with all of its functions is sweeeet !
Greg

AAFD

Reaction score
As the CRD becomes more popular there should be a larger aftermarket for these items.

KC

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I got an oil pressure and amperage gauge today. I thought I could put them somewhere in the Jeep... I don't think that's happening. :) I can't find anywhere to put it.... I'll get a gauge pod later I guess.

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you guys explain what you mean by mounting the thermocouple "pre-turbo"? Isn't the air "pre-turbo" just the air coming through the airbox? Wouldn't that always be the same temp? Surely I'm missing something here... ](*,)

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pre-turbo would be in the exhaust manifold or pipe before the turbo; post-turbo could be in the cast iron elbow or exhaust pipe after the turbo.

This is what a pre-turbo install looks like in my CTD :

You must be registered for see images

Greg