gate ajar F-it, interior light fuse pulled.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want to say first I'm having issues searching threads with my phone. So before posting this I searched Google etc.

2010 jeep liberty sport
Problem - gate ajar (glass part) will not unlock or open via remote, will not unlock / open via plastic push button on gate itself. Icon notifying me stays on along with all the interior lights. Pulled fuse on interior lights for now so I could drive @ night. Problem.happens once before and I pulled some fuses (lock, light, etc) and it went away.

Months later here we are again. Randomly shows up. Gate is closed both back and glass. From what I gathered I have to take apart the back and dry out the connections / hope they aren't shot / electrical tape them up to stop water from doing this again?

Is there a different solution? Different problem that can cause this. Will an ecu reset make it go away? And I also attempted an ecu reset (battery disconnected, turn key over in start position 3 times? Nothing reset. Am I doing that wrong?

Any helpful advice much appreciated and because it looks to be common I am sorry ahead of time as I am sure this is "another" thread. =(. Phones not letting me search site. Thanks ahead of time!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
There is a TSB. I had to have this done to my KK. The problem is that water will leak down the flipper glass, which will get to the tailgate switch, corrode contacts and cause this problem.

Anyone remember the TSB number? I believe it only applies towards certain build dates *however* I pestered the dealership to do this even though my build date did NOT apply and I was finally DONE with this issue, thousands of miles later.

The TSB involves replacing the stock smooth flipper glass weatherstripping with a ribbed weatherstripping and installing sort of a "gutter" on the top of the glass.

Latest posts

Members online