Gassers, where does your temp guage sit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your temp gauge is only a relative gauge,does not truely give you actual temps.When the needle is at the halfway mark the engine temp is below 255 degrees,when the needle is at 3/4 your engine temp is between 256 degrees and 268 degrees,and all the way over in the red zone the engine temp is above 269 degrees(3.7 engines only).

The t-state in the KJ starts to open at 195 degrees and does not fully open til 218 degrees.The electric fan does not turn on till 203 degrees and shuts off under 198 degrees if you have AC.

I have a recorder that is a bit more specific then a scanguage and in a recording it graphs the engine temps(among other info) and you can see the coolant step up like a staircase till about 219 degrees then back down to 196 degrees,and then back to 219 degrees.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
1. taking out the radiator fan is easy.
2. OMFG did i have a lot of crap in my radiator fins ( brown mud and black what i assume is road grime)

seems to run a few degrees cooler now. ill know more as the week goes on.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that I got my scangauge my temp sits right around 200f. It'll drop to 195-197 or so on long downhill coasts, and go up to 202 to 203 on uphill runs.

Can't wait to see what it does when I go over Snoqualmie later this summer... or when I go 4 wheeling up the mountains.

Latest posts

Members online