Gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedGoat

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm just wondering what kind of gas mileage y'all are getting? I know I am not running at optimal conditions ie leaking evap canister,which I 'temporarily' plugged the vacuum line on the engine side just to get it idling normalish. I wondering how much km/mi I'm losing at the tank.
Currently I'm averaging about 280 ish km or 174 ish mi. Engine is the 3.7 v6 and I use 87 regular gas

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get between 340-360 miles on the 2006 before the low gas light comes on. That might go up as I have new tires and spark plugs in it

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I never, ever run way down to almost empty
1/4 tank is it
But on the highways
the 04 with 32s , 4.10 gearing , and a ton of extra weight in skids, front and rear bumpers etc I got 21/22 easy at 75 plus MPH , even got over 23 going across Pennsylvania and its hilly for sure
the 03 with 31s, 4.10s etc gets about the same as the 04 but has more power on hills and over all driveability than the 04

LONGJEEPOWNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I travel quite frequently from home (Pa.) to Carolina to visit my daughters. I always check my mileage when I fill up which is usually at 1/4 tank. My 2010 Jeep Liberty is stock and I get around 22 to 25 MPG on the highway. I fill up with 87% Octane gas. When I haul my travel trailer it drops to around 10 to 11 MPG.

Reactions: JRB

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
My Jeep is "Gas Guzzler" rated. Maybe 12mpg city/ 16 hwy.
With skids/cargo & recovery gear etc, it weighs in at almost 4700 lbs !! :D
You must be registered for see images attach

Larger tires/4X4 & lifted, it's not the most aerodynamics or fuel efficient, It gets the job done well.

Burnzomatic

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm just wondering what kind of gas mileage y'all are getting? I know I am not running at optimal conditions ie leaking evap canister,which I 'temporarily' plugged the vacuum line on the engine side just to get it idling normalish. I wondering how much km/mi I'm losing at the tank.
Currently I'm averaging about 280 ish km or 174 ish mi. Engine is the 3.7 v6 and I use 87 regular gas
I can get 27 mpg if i drive it like a grandma and use the clutch down hills . But 25mpg is average on my2004 3.7

runfor5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man give me some of your guys gas mileage LOL. I get 14-15mpg around town (usually trying to not go above 2,000 rpm but I know gas mileage aint an exact science), and 17-18mpg on highway. Best I've done is like 330 miles out of a tank.

Car is stock, with passenger tires still. I'm at about 161k miles now.

Thom2006kj

Reaction score
I get about 21-22mpg

ogcristofer

Reaction score
2004 3.7 Fully Stock here. I get about 15.5-16 city and 18.5 HWY. I really don't know why my fuel economy isn't better because i don't haul and everything is stock and it's usually just me in the truck. Honestly thinking about buying a prius for a daily because it's ridiculous how expensive my commute becomes. No hate on the jeep though love my little car :)

Blue Gen

Reaction score
I have an 02 with 160k + miles, V6 3.7L 4WD. Unfortunately, around the city it averages 14-15 MPG with 87 Octane. On a long trip.. not much better with travel at 80mph. The poor mileage and small fuel tank
are negatives for this model. One great positive however, particularly for off road exploring is the tight
turning radius. Very helpful is many situations.

RedGoat

Reaction score
Thanks all for responding,I appreciate the data. It's good to know that I'm not that far off. Providing that the onboard mileage tracker is right I'm getting 6km per liter or 14 mpg

Reactions: JRB

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Our gas prices in Canada are though the roof !! Be thankful if you live in the USA.
I now use 10$ per gallon to estimate the fill ups here !
I also like to travel in winter, on mountain snow covered roads. Engage 4x4 and the mileage really drops quickly!

It's so thirsty, may this be your best friend. :)

Offroad Bob

OffroadBob
Reaction score
I have a 02 Sport with the 3.7 and in town I getabout 13-14 mpg. On the highway at 70 I get about 18-19. I'm running 245/75/16 Duratracs and 2.5 in lift in front and 2' in rear. Stock gearing. Hook up my utility trailer with my 6X4 John Deere Gator on it and it drops to 11-12 no matter where kind of road you are on. That is the only gripe I have about the Jeep. Other than that, its been a great vehicle ! The turning radius is amazing in the woods. You can turn it around on a single track trail with usually a 4 point or sometime three point turn around. Depends on how big the trees are !

Rasfetch

Reaction score
In my 06, I averaged about 20mpg with a mix of highway and city driving. This also included some stop and go driving. It had a lift kit with stock tires.

My current Jeep, an 05, averages about 18mpg to 19 mpg with the same mix of driving. It doesn't have a lift, but it does have 29.5" tires on it plus crossbars for a roof rack. I'm thinking about going back to stock tires since they're 15 to 20lbs lighter each than my current tires. I also need to take off the crossbars since I'm not using them right now.

Latest posts

Members online