gas mileage & toys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan and spend 60-70% of my time on the road driving up hill / mountain sides. I have read and browsed the forums and it is all so many mixed reviews.

I have a 2010 jeep liberty sport.
Use regular penzoil and filter
Have 71,000 miles on it now.

0 mods all cosmetics -
Vent shades (I smoke & love them)
Tints (matched to back)
Sylvania ultra bright bulbs
16x8.5 wheel 255/70
Bug deflector that hasn't deflected much

Here's what I want to do and my biggest questions. Here's how she sits right now, kind of wished I researched more as I went with 16x8.5 wheels.
You must be registered for see images attach

These are the tires I made my mind on,
You must be registered for see images

TBS worth it?

The intake -

The exhaust -

Then denzo wires & plugs? I want to make sure I get the most efficient plugs I can. Once all of this is done a jet stage 2 chip is going in and I'm going to burn midgrade.

Wanted a bull bar but need tow hooks more (live in upper Michigan) so really where I'm at is what plugs burn most efficiently? Is a TBS a waste of cash? I know intake and exhaust will net me very little but the price is right. Thanks ahead! Been waiting to order and have been browsing mixed threads was wondering if someone here had these mods and saw an mpg growth? Also do they make a header for the 2010? If so I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The K&N filter is a waste of $$$,you also bought the wrong spark plugs as your engine requires copper core(nickel) plugs only.Your also going to take a big hit in mpg's with those wheels and tires.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't buy the plugs. Was just an example because the others were not showing on the site. Ya wish I would have thought about it a bit before I bought wheels.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I'm gonna pass on the exhaust / intake and get skid plates and a hitch. Even around 500.00 for the exhaust and intake it just doest seem worth it. Unless there was an IMF& header's to match and a tune specifically for it. For more torque anyway.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have those tires and I like 'em. Should do you well come winter; I know you guys get crazy amounts of snow. Don't think they are the best bet if mpg's are the main concern though.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah mpg isn't main concern but I figured if I can pull out some torque and a smoother power band with a couple pony's why not do it all at once. Couple extra MPV would be nice!

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I'm gonna pass on the exhaust / intake and get skid plates and a hitch. Even around 500.00 for the exhaust and intake it just doest seem worth it. Unless there was an IMF& header's to match and a tune specifically for it. For more torque anyway.

Good choice

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hypertech eco
4.7 TB (off an 08 Cherokee)
K&N 77 series Intake
*NGK V-Power plugs*???? Current plugs have 70k
Dynapro's 255/70/r16x8.5" (stock ride height still) already have wheels

There's the mod list after talking to several people and reading until my eyes were almost bleeding. Still don't know what the best plug is but if I can't find a better than stock answer I'll just buy what it came with for the tuneup.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am waiting for the shop to get one and I will probably wait until my CAI comes in and do it in 1 shot.